Join for free
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 09:12 PM

A few from Brands Hatch on Sunday

Had a great day out with my eldest son, his mrs and four of my grand kids. The weather was hot and so was the racing.

[/url
[/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/WXbRk4]
[url=https://flic.kr/p/YbCDXi]
23 - 0
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 09:45 PM

Re: A few from Brands Hatch on Sunday

Great shots gasman!

You've given me more memories now. What with Biggin Hill and now Brands Hatch. You've brought back the smell
I've gone right back to when we used to go to watch the Belle Vue Aces and then the stock car racing. The smell of the track and the taste as they roared past
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Great shots gasman!

You've given me more memories now. What with Biggin Hill and now Brands Hatch. You've brought back the smell
I've gone right back to when we used to go to watch the Belle Vue Aces and then the stock car racing. The smell of the track and the taste as they roared past
Thanks Pesta, glad that it brought back memories. This was only a club meeting, but, the sight, sound and smell of the engines / bikes / cars cannot be replicated on TV. The lingering effect of Castrol R , the exhaust note, the crowds, the atmosphere and the sheer excitement of being there - it cannot be beaten.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
Thanks Pesta, glad that it brought back memories. This was only a club meeting, but, the sight, sound and smell of the engines / bikes / cars cannot be replicated on TV. The lingering effect of Castrol R , the exhaust note, the crowds, the atmosphere and the sheer excitement of being there - it cannot be beaten.
Yes, you've described it much better than I did!
I recall the track was made of cinder (?) which had a certain smell too.
All the smells used to make my mouth dry and set my teeth on edge!
Mister_Oy
NW UK
Mister_Oy is male  Mister_Oy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2017, 11:07 PM

Good set - No1 is a beauty!
gasman
Kent, UK

28-08-2017, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Yes, you've described it much better than I did!
I recall the track was made of cinder (?) which had a certain smell too.
All the smells used to make my mouth dry and set my teeth on edge!
The cinder tracks were definitely speedway, otherwise known as shale. It was great to stand at the edge of the track in my youth at Romford speedway track. In those days, they used Jap engines and the sound / smell was incredible. Haven't been to a meeting in years, but, make up for it going to Brands etc
gasman
Kent, UK

28-08-2017, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mister_Oy ->
Good set - No1 is a beauty!
Thanks mate - it so happens that he was the winner
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2017, 08:17 AM

Very Good, My friend.

You have been busy and hope the lovely weather keeps up too.
gasman
Kent, UK

29-08-2017, 10:16 AM

Thanks Azure

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top