Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 04:06 PM

Montalbano

Anyone else watching the new series of Montalbano the Italian detective on BBC4?

In the latest episode he has to find the murderer of a seventy-year prostitute and investigate the allegations of sexual abuse by a teacher on one of his pupils. He's assisted in his work by `Mimi` Augello his woman mad second in command, and the serious Giuseppe Fazio his dour right-hand man.

The prostitute was strangled by a leather belt leading the sex obsessed Augello to conclude that she wasn't murdered but died as a result of auto-erotic strangulation. Montalbano was convinced it was murder so both detective set off to prove their own cases.

Although some violence is portrayed it's not as bad as that in many UK TV shows.
noolsg
Kildare Ireland
noolsg is female  noolsg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 05:27 PM

Re: Montalbano

I watched it. I love that this is a new series.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 06:03 PM

When is it on Judd, and is it sub-titles?
Sub-titles put me off.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Sub-titles put me off.
Mups it's Italian!
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2017, 11:30 PM

My favourite Detective series and I now have the books as well. All very good.

Amazing they still have time to catch criminals as they spend lot of time eating really good food or talking about it.

The Restaurants they eat in are real and open to the public in the town where the series is filmed and attracts thousands of visitors each year
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2017, 01:12 PM

Sub-titles put me off.
It's on BBC4 on Saturday evenings - a refreshing break from the usual Saturday night dross.

It's subtitled in Italian as Ruthio says. I would say that around 40% of the stuff I watch is subtitled so it doesn't bother me. You get used to it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2017, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
It's on BBC4 on Saturday evenings - a refreshing break from the usual Saturday night dross.

It's subtitled in Italian as Ruthio says. I would say that around 40% of the stuff I watch is subtitled so it doesn't bother me. You get used to it.

Ah, but you are learning Italian anyway, so it will help you, but I'm not.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2017, 07:39 PM

Montalbano is prduced by a Rome Based Film Company
The whole series is filmed on location in Sicily in the Seaside town of Ragusa

'Luca Zinaretti' famous Italian Actor plays the part of Sicilian Detective Montalbano.The accent is Sicilian slightly different from Italian.

He lives in a Villa overlooking the sea in the series.

On tonight on 4

Monalbano's Veranda
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

22-08-2017, 09:08 PM

Ah, but you are learning Italian anyway, so it will help you, but I'm not.
A few of my films are in Mandarin and Korean but I'm not learning those languages.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

22-08-2017, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Montalbano is prduced by a Rome Based Film Company
The whole series is filmed on location in Sicily in the Seaside town of Ragusa

'Luca Zinaretti' famous Italian Actor plays the part of Sicilian Detective Montalbano.The accent is Sicilian slightly different from Italian.

He lives in a Villa overlooking the sea in the series.

On tonight on 4

Monalbano's Veranda

Thanks for the heads up, I'll be able to record it now along with the rest of the series. I had to watch the first episode on BBC iPlayer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top