Join for free
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2011, 06:40 PM

Sense of Humour?

When you hear someone say that they like; "Someone with a sense of humour".

Or, someone describes themselves as having a "GOOD sense of humour".

Does this make sense?

Surely a "Good" sense of humour only depends on whether it is appealing to someone else! (Others may not necessarily agree)!

And surely EVERYONE has a sense of humour of some kind or another???

Never (yet) met anyone who says; "Sorry, but I am vacant of a sense of humour"!

Rainbow
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2011, 07:15 PM

Re: Sense of Humour?

I really couldn't tell you Rainbow what a good sense of humour is, as you say it's up to the individual. The few pub comedians I've met socially after a show were very self-centred in my opinion, like they still wanted to tell all the jokes and would cut off others mid stream with, 'Oh that remind me of one I told in Liverpool last week', and would just grunt at anyone else's attempts. My misses has a dry sense of humour and she could always cheer me up when I was down, that has helped us both through a lot of rough times. Everybody has a bit of humour in them, they have to, it's an escape valve.
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2011, 07:19 PM

My humor can be very dry at times and I will go to great lengths to make an a-- out of myself to get someone's chin off their belly button.
Laughter is a great release valve.
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2011, 07:34 PM

Jemflux and dragon .... enjoyed your comments, and anything is better than someone attached to their belly button!

Jemflux, I wonder if some 'Comedians' are actually hiding behind a mask! Some Comedians have been quite sad people. Perhaps some THINK that people are always expecting them to be funny!!

But that is their Job, and not a necessary continuation of their social life and interaction. If you were speaking to a Surgeon, you would not expect him to offer to remove your appendix there and then would you?

Rainbow
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2011, 07:45 PM

Good for you Dragon, that is a special gift you have, treasure it.
Rainbow, these pub comedians just get up halfway through the evening to make an extra few bob, they are not professional but they hate someone else at the table telling a better joke.
There are lots of members who are very close to their animals, and I was wondering if animals had a sense of humour?.
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2011, 07:49 PM

Heck yes! I would expect that surgeon to remove my appendix there & then if it was in danger of rupturing-lol
As for comics: no idea of what they are really like, but being that they are human, I expect they have up & down days like the rest of us.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2011, 10:08 PM

I think part of a sense of humor is being able to laugh at yourself when you've done something silly or embarrassing ......
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2011, 10:14 PM

Humour, I dont have one.

Humour is what you make it, laugh at yourself and you can see the funny side in anything.
Rainbow
Surrey UK

17-01-2011, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I think part of a sense of humor is being able to laugh at yourself when you've done something silly or embarrassing ......

Based on this, I should be like the LAUGHING POLICEMAN on a daily continual basis!!!

Rainbow

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2011, 10:31 PM

I definitely have a sense of humour, I have my son and daughter ending up with tears of laughter at times

I find it very easy to laugh at myself too...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top