Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2011, 03:12 PM

Passing Your Driving Test?

If you drive, did you pass your test first time?

I failed the first time, and was so delighted the second time. In fact I did not realise the test was over, so I must have been feeling much more relaxed and capable!

If you don't drive, is there any particularly reason that it as never appealed to you?

My Mum doesn't drive, always relied on my Dad. But now says that she wishes she had learned to drive, because she says it would give her more independance to go wherever and explore, and stop somewhere of interest, then continue without the need to rely on public transport.

Rainbow
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2011, 03:14 PM

Re: Passing Your Driving Test?

Passed first time! My resume contains being a police officer in Georgia (USA) for a period of time.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2011, 04:22 PM

Passed first time but totally didn't expect it
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2011, 05:04 PM

Passed 1st time after 1 pre test 2hr lesson but having driven most places I needed to go (and my best mates sisters licence if needed!) since i was 15 and driving tractors with hay trailers was included lol so I didnt take it from scratch and in a non pompous way I knew what I was doing. Never had a prang either!! and you cant include mysterious dents on my then Landrover cos if you put young farmers, alcohol and night time together you get dents!!
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2011, 05:16 PM

I'll fess up! I have given a few of my cars/trucks dents over the years & a few were on purpose. Getting to a wooded area causes all sorts of fun. That's why my car/truck never gets a bath. Why? When it will get all muddy in a day or two?
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2011, 10:33 PM

Passed mine the second time.
Failed the first one for going round corners to fast.

Second time I went round one corner,according to the examiner, with no hands on the wheel. I think he passed me because I gave him a bruise on his head with my emergency stop, no seatbelts in those days. He slapped his hand on his pad just as we were passing a sign 'Low Gear' and I was being good and changing down a gear so I just let the clutch out fast and braked. lol
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2011, 10:43 PM

Failed first time, but passed second much to my surprise. Hit the kerb on my three point turn. Just seemed to relax then, having convinced myself that I had failed........
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2011, 10:45 PM

I passed first time too...............
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada
ClaireMarie is female  ClaireMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2011, 01:52 PM

I got mine the first time, but I had my 'beginners' twice before trying. All my friends had theirs so I really didn't need mine until I was heading off to college. I swear though the most fun came after when learning to drive a 'stardard' with a stick shift, vs the automatic of my parents.
dragon
florida, usa

19-01-2011, 01:55 PM

grind those gears did ya? LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top