Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 10:10 AM

I felt sorry for them.

Popped round to my local supermarket yesterday and had to get some cash out of the machine first. There were a couple of young lads sitting in the entrance (maybe just a bit too close to the cash machine) but they were just chatting and sheltering from the rain (it was pouring down).

Suddenly the security man arrived and said to them 'Sorry lads, I know you haven't done anything wrong but I have had several complaints from the older ladies, they don't want to use the cash machine with you sitting there, so I'm going to have to ask you to move on'.

They didn't say anything, no comebacks, no swearing, they just walked off into the pouring rain.

Obviously, I can understand some people being a bit nervous and I suppose they should have moved a bit further from the cash machine but I did feel a bit sorry for them.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 10:15 AM

Re: I felt sorry for them.

I understand its a sign of the times we live in now, would it have been the same if it was girls i wonder.?
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 10:34 AM

I think it would have been the same if it had been girls. When you are at a cash machine the last thing you need or want is someone being close to you.

As you say it is the times we are now living in that if someone gets too close you think they are going to pinch something.

Good for the lads not back chatting the security guard.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 10:57 AM

While I feel a bit sorry for them surely they realised they needed to find a place away from the cash machines.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 11:05 AM

Some years ago my son bent over to help up an old lady who had fallen down. Someone called the police saying he was robbing her. Luckily a shop keeper saw what happened and told the cops so nothing more was said or done.
It just goes to show one should not even help anyone in the street in case it is interpreted in the wrong way
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 11:06 AM

We get the same thing outside Tesco, I think the cashpoints have the best shelters.
It doesn't bother me as I always shield my pin from anyone that's about, or even if they're not about, there could be hidden cameras.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 06:42 PM

I am wary if anyone is near me .
They could mug you once you have the cash.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 06:48 PM

I tend to get cashback in the shops, just use the cashpoint for a balance before I go in.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 06:57 PM

What they do in the USA is have plaed above the ATM so that people can see who is behind them.
Idon"t know why that is not adopted here TBH.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 06:58 PM

Ops typo should have said mirrors

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top