Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2017, 02:20 PM

On here and on the phone.

Hi

What a morning,

My car insurance arrived this morning, up from £262 to £336.

I decided to have a look around, but needed the cost of a claim I had in May 2013, in my old car.

I rang the Insurance company, RAC Insurance, after a long wait and pressing numerous buttons, I got through to a real person.

I asked for the information, they said they did not have it, which was strange and put me through to someone else, their claims people.

Another long wait and endless stupid music, eventually they answered.

Unable to help, it was not on their system.

Told I would have to ring the Underwriters and put through to someone else.

Another long wait, constantly being assured my call was important.

Spoke to a new person, who gave me the name, Aviva.

I rang Aviva, another long wait long.

To pass the time of day I was posting on here during the waits, made myself a couple of coffees as well.

No record of any crash on my previous car on the day in question, told to ring the RAC again.

Rang the RAC again.

Another set of waits, only to find out that the have given me the name of the wrong Underwriter, it was a different one in 2013.

I rang that company, Covea, they were brilliant, call answered straight away and cost of the accident took less than 5 minutes, including all the security questions.

Armed with the cost of this minor bump, £612 in total, I have been on go compare and got myself a different insurer, Lloyds Bank, less excess and only £235 a year.

A saving of £100 a year, but what an ordeal.

Almost 4 hours on phone calls.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2017, 02:37 PM

Re: On here and on the phone.

They say we have choice these days but many won't or can't do that. I'm glad you got it sorted in the end.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2017, 02:42 PM

And they say men can't multi-task.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2017, 03:04 PM

Swim, I remember a time when a phone call was the best and quickest way to get information.... but no longer!

In these days of advanced technology, I find that everything moves much slower!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2017, 03:06 PM

I know just how frustrating these calls can be Swims.

Some days I seem to spend a considerable part of the day on the phone just to get one simple question answered.

It also drives me nuts with all the push buttons, hanging on for ages accompanied by usually, the most dreadful music. Then very often the person I want is either on annual leave, on another call, out of the office, or in a meeting!

Then you have the glorious choice of either explaining all over again to this new person, hanging about waiting for the one you want to call back, or hanging up and going through the whole process again later. Drives me nuts.

Glad you got it sorted in the end though, and that is such a good saving too.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2017, 03:23 PM

We have got the joy of seeing if there is a cheaper alternative to my car renewal this weekend. The renewal paperwork came through yesterday so will have to sort this quickly if I want to change.

Hate doing it though takes such a long time.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2017, 03:29 PM

we queried a letter from LV giving a insurance quote for next year, we are already with them. All it took was to say on go compare a different amount (ref no given). They looked it up and straight away undercut that by another £5. In total the challenge resulted on an £85 pound drop against the letter quote.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2017, 07:06 PM

I am insured with NFU. My premiums come down every year as they allow a reduction for loyalty!

Nothing is straight forward any more when ringing companies for information and general inquiries. There always seems to be obstacles of some sort.
I find, they only get their act together if you sound exasperated or shout at them!

I usually prepare vegetables for dinner whilst l am waiting!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2017, 08:15 PM

I'd like to think that, as most people would like their enquiries to be dealt with quickly, many would reject companies that have many layers of button pushing and tend to go with companies that have an efficient and quick access to a human being. Of course costs are important but time, as they say, is money.

Not insurers, but First Direct bank are excellent in this respect. I have not had to press any buttons when I telephone; I speak to a human within a few seconds and, just as importantly, I don't get passed to another person and another and another...

It would be nice if all companies could manage to do that.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2017, 10:26 PM

I've had a similar frustrating afternoon trying to find house insurance.

There's a stream opposite, which the insurers seem to think is going to flood, So since last year they have gone OTT on this area. It's madness.
I went through 15-20mins of questions, 3 times with 3 different brokers only to be told 'Sorry, it's an unacceptable area'!!!! What!!!????
Just because of a stream that doesn't flood and is lower down and over the road anyway?

And what was even more frustrating is you can't just give the postcode and ask them to check first if they will provide insurance, oh no, you have to go through all the effing questions re your property before they tell you.

There must be a better way of doing it surely. If it's about what's out and about in the area, rather than your property, my logic says they should work on the postcode first. But what do I know.... are you with all of this?

I have got insurance that runs out on the 18th, I was wanting to see if I could get it cheaper, it's gone up £50 since last year. So I'll have to stay with them. It doesn't include flood insurance anyway which is why I went with them last year.
Edited to add: And, they've charged me £30 for an 'admin fee, which they didn't charge me last year, Pah!

Such is life.

It's car insurance next month I think. It's such a pain every year isn't it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top