Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 04:17 PM

Would you speak out?

I have just returned from walking my dog on the local playing fields. There is a Parkour area with a seat, so I sat in the sun for a while. Four teenage lads turned up with two empty shopping trolleys and proceeded to barge around with them. So I asked if they had nothing better to do with their time than pinch shopping carts? Needless to say I got plenty of verbal abuse for accosting them, but I was not going to be intimidated. I continued to sit on the seat and watch, much to their annoyance. I just wished there was something more positive that I could do.

However, a thunderstorm was rolling in so I eventually had to give up and get home before the heavens opened.

Would you have said anything or just let it go?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 04:20 PM

Re: Would you speak out?

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I have just returned from walking my dog on the local playing fields. There is a Parkour area with a seat, so I sat in the sun for a while. Four teenage lads turned up with two empty shopping trolleys and proceeded to barge around with them. So I asked if they had nothing better to do with their time than pinch shopping carts? Needless to say I got plenty of verbal abuse for accosting them, but I was not going to be intimidated. I continued to sit on the seat and watch, much to their annoyance. I just wished there was something more positive that I could do.

However, a thunderstorm was rolling in so I eventually had to give up and get home before the heavens opened.

Would you have said anything or just let it go?

Most assuredly!!! AND prodded them with my into the nargain.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 04:27 PM

Yes but im a hefty chap and fairly confident in my abilities. However if in doubt say nowt and phone the police and keep yourself safe.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 04:27 PM

If they had been upsetting my dog I would probably have said something, but sadly Cee Cee, you had no idea if these lads could have been nasty.
If there were other decent people around I may have said something, but if I was alone, I would have probably just taken my dog and moved away!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 04:28 PM

please...I am involved in a running battle with my local council because of people using the local park and its footpaths
as cycle and scooter shortcuts, throwing beer bottles on the path and leaving the broken glass all over and the rubbish grrrr I take photos, I mail the council, bombard their FB and Ive even made the paper.

I dont give a stuff...There are reams of rules about my dog and every time theres a town meeting people bang on about dog poo and yes its annoying but what about the human idiots that are making the park a no go area?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 04:33 PM

I have to agree with Nom & Twink....I would feel like opening My big mouth and give Them what for...but I know They could easily use those trollies as weapons to mow Me down...better safe than sorry Methinks.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 04:39 PM

No I wouldnt , not now id rather let them get on with being the idiots they are, and one day their behaviour will come back at them .
Ive been in two situations recently , one was a theft i witnessed of a bag that had been left at a bus stop and another was a Bag left under a seat next to me in a Train Station for an hour while the lad who owned it went walk a bouts .
Having worked out in my mind what might happen in the first case , if i had challenged him he might have pulled a knife out and stabbed me so it wasnt worth it .
in the second case The lad i could see he was watching me from a distance ,he was just playing silly. Hoping probably i would report it to staff and then the Bomb squad would be called .
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 04:58 PM

I am sorry, but I disagree, I will always speak out. I have tackled kids breaking branches off trees and yobs on mini motorbikes. On one occasion the lad's father was watching from a distance when I had my say. The man came over and threatened me and said "I know where you f*****g live". I told him that he was teaching his son the break the law, and what sort of father did that? I must admit that I was shaking as I walked away, but had no regrets in having a go.

I dont have a mobile phone, so am unable to take photos or call the police, so I will remain a crabby old woman.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
I have to agree with Nom & Twink....I would feel like opening My big mouth and give Them what for...but I know They could easily use those trollies as weapons to mow Me down...better safe than sorry Methinks.

I agree, May.
I wouldn't risk taking on 4 yobs on my own.

If I was a big strapping bloke and I knew I could take care of myself it might be different, but I am not, so I would rather walk away safely.

"Live coward - dead hero" comes to mind.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 05:08 PM

Lol Chris,You don't change ...If Parents want to bring up Their kids to be yobs,that's Their problem...The A&E are full of heroes/heroines every weekend...I aint gonna be one of them...My heroic days are over ..thank gawd

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top