Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 05:40 AM

Good morning Saturday

Good morning everyone, looks like the wind has finally died down and it's forecast to be a better day I think.

I've got a hawthorn hedge to clip today, beats me why it grows so quickly although it's great for nesting birds so it's not all bad. Mum is recovering amazingly and is talking of going home Monday, but before tgen we will no doubt have a stream of visitors over the weekend so I will be on tea and biscuit duty most of the time I'll bet...

Enjoy your day folks.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 07:02 AM

Re: Good morning Saturday

Morning Barry, and all to follow.

Glad Mum is recovering well! That's so good to hear.

I need to shoot down to the allotment and somehow get a cover on the exposed dirt where we got rid of all the rubbish and old composter. Heavy rain is forecast later, but we've already had some in the night. I have a tarpaulin somewhere in the 'heap of stuff to keep', alongwith two bits of carpet that were smothered in insects, and huge spiders! I have an open hippo bag that has soil in it, also. Later, I will probably get out one of the spare plastic bins that are in the greenhouse and get the soil into that. Just while trying to kill off the end of the weeds.

I tell you, a gardener's job is never done!

Happy Saturday.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 07:30 AM

Good morning all.

Its been raining here this morning, I think its just stopped just in time for me to go out into Town.

Glad your Mum is recovering well Barry.

Have a nice day all.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 07:32 AM

Good morning

Good news about your mum Barry
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 07:33 AM

Good Morning All.
Jimbo
Aberdeen,UK
Jimbo is male  Jimbo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 07:49 AM

Good Morning Spitfire and all the other members,,,,,Have a prosperous day.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 08:10 AM

Not long after 7 I threw on my gardening clothes and popped down to do that job. So now all that compost is protected against heavy rain until I have time to replace the composting bins. Found more rubbish, old plastic bottles, so need to go back with a rubbish bag. Gah!

But a weight off my mind, and shoulders, and the fresh air let me enjoy my breakfast more.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 08:40 AM

Good morning all. It's lovely & sunny here and I hope to spend some time doing garden work. I might get Tony to mow the lawn.

Excellent news about your mum Barry.

Have a good day all.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 09:19 AM

Good morning all bright and sunny here so I plan on doing some dead heading and weeding today while it is dry.

Good news about your Mum, Barry

Enjoy your day everyone...
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 09:28 AM

buenas dias all. Good to hear your mum is making such a good recovery Barry. We are still in the grip of the heatwave, temperatures going up and above 40C in some places. It really is too hot to be out. How people can spend a day sitting on a beach in this heat is quite beyond me. I will be doing as little as possible today, tonight we are trying out an Indian restaurant we haven't been to before. Hopefully it will have cooled down a little by the time we go, but somehow or other I doubt it.

Have a pleasant day all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top