Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 12:46 AM

just a little warning

If videoing anything with music in it best not to put it onto youtube as public . I noticed on a couple of mine (now I removed) the music I had a copyright which I was not aware of.
These videos were of aerial acrobats performing on board a cruise ship to copyright music.

Nothing to prevent recording for private personal viewing or videoing unless informed in advance

So something to be aware of
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 02:30 AM

Re: just a little warning

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
If videoing anything with music in it best not to put it onto youtube as public . I noticed on a couple of mine (now I removed) the music I had a copyright which I was not aware of.
These videos were of aerial acrobats performing on board a cruise ship to copyright music.

Nothing to prevent recording for private personal viewing or videoing unless informed in advance

So something to be aware of
It's those bastards at Sony, they won't allow even a few seconds of their music to be used even though any other company would accept that it falls under the "fair use" legislation. If you protest you can claim fair use and in my experience most companies will accept this, not Sony. Some companies even use your video to advertise their music by putting a small notice near it saying where the music can be purchased, again not Sony.

The only other option is to use the music that Youtube provides under creative commons licence in their audio library. There are also plenty of websites that offer copyright free music under the same licence that you can download and add to your videos.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 09:53 AM

Thanks for the warning, does explain why a wedding a friend posted was taken down, we couldn't see anything wrong with the flash dance butitwas obviously the music.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 10:15 AM

As far as I can tell, if it is music performed by "live" bands it is ok unless otherwise stated

. It is the recorded music and played which is the type to be careful of.

We had some company called "The performing rights Society" contact us when we had the kennels. They demanded to know if we played piped music for clients when they came to the kennels. In which case we would have to pay to play it

GOT YOU we have radios on all day for the dogs to make them feel more at home.

They never bothered us any more
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 10:52 AM

I see. Ours was on a tape the original artists singing so that would make sense.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 11:53 AM

My son is a professional photographer and videographer and he always ensures that he uses "free" music, available on the web. Just as his pictures are copyright, so is music.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top