Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Jimbo
Aberdeen,UK
Jimbo is male  Jimbo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 09:43 PM

Photobucket.

What do you think of Photobucket. ??? Yesterday I went to our Photo section to see if the pic of my late Joyce was still there. Posted about 6 years ago.
The post was still there with all the nice comments from members,,,,,,,,BUT no picture,,,,,a notice said " If you want to view this photo you must upgrade your account "
They didn't say to upgrade it will cost 400 US Dollars. I know this cos I went straight to photobucket to enquire..No more free posting images on 3rd party accounts.
Punters are raging. leaving in droves.....
What do our members think.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 09:57 PM

Re: Photobucket.

It's a total disgrace. It wouldn't so bad if the price was reasonable, but that increase is way out of order.
I wonder how long before Flickr etc start charging ?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 11:23 PM

Photobucket is rubbish now compared to what it used to be like.

I am looking for an alternative.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 09:42 AM

I used to be a paid up member it was about £30 a year, I stopped when I got fed up of digital photography and started printing pictures again to make albums.

That's a huge rise in price in three years !
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 10:30 AM

This was discussed some weeks ago when PB closed down free third party transfer of pictures.
swapped to "Tiny Pictures" but often photos not accepted so gone onto
"imgur.com" which is a lot better
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 10:42 AM

I'm a complete novice when it come to digital photo storage so perhaps someone could explain what the advantage is using something like Photobucket. Why is it better than just storing on a memory stick or a hard drive?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I'm a complete novice when it come to digital photo storage so perhaps someone could explain what the advantage is using something like Photobucket. Why is it better than just storing on a memory stick or a hard drive?
I am not good at explaining, but for some sites if you want to post a photo, you have to have a host for your photo's as it's the only way to post them.
I started out on forums on the BBC boards & was advised by others that Photobucket was the best one to use, at that time it was. A lot of the forums I joined after needed PB for posting photo's. PB was free & easy to use & you could edit photo's on it too.
Then they got greedy & now you can't do anything on there unless you pay through the nose for the privilege.
Now a lot of sites do have the ability to post photo's straight from your own p c. But if they don't then you are b*ggered
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I am not good at explaining, but for some sites if you want to post a photo, you have to have a host for your photo's as it's the only way to post them.
I started out on forums on the BBC boards & was advised by others that Photobucket was the best one to use, at that time it was. A lot of the forums I joined after needed PB for posting photo's. PB was free & easy to use & you could edit photo's on it too.
Then they got greedy & now you can't do anything on there unless you pay through the nose for the privilege.
Now a lot of sites do have the ability to post photo's straight from your own p c. But if they don't then you are b*ggered
Thanks Tiff, I understand what you are saying.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 11:55 AM

I'm not using any of those photo sites now. I had PB and I'm scared if I entrust precious photos to another site they too might hold me to ransom..
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Thanks Tiff, I understand what you are saying.
Glad you could understand that.

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I'm not using any of those photo sites now. I had PB and I'm scared if I entrust precious photos to another site they too might hold me to ransom..
I have tried other hosting sites, have even posted a few photo's on them, but being thick I can't work out how to use them. I am not worried about what happened at PB would happen again. PB in the early days was easy & uncomplicated.
We don't need it here though, we can post direct to forum.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top