Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 10:25 AM

This is when my patience runs out..

This man can thank god he doesnt live near me because I swear Id throw him into a pit of hot coals..

What annoys me even more than what he has done is the fact that the law enforcement the world over does not take this kind of thing seriously.
Instead of saying he was unfit to own a dog and banning him from ownership he was allowed to go out get another dog and do the same thing all over again.

http://people.com/crime/connecticut-...g-die-hot-car/
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 10:33 AM

Re: This is when my patience runs out..

You would hope that a retired professor would have a bit more common sense but sadly not. You would also think that having done it three years ago, he would at least learn from his mistakes.

Therefore, I can only assume that he did it on purpose.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 10:36 AM

I won't read the article as I can see the content by the headline!

Just slightly off topic. Last night when out for my walk I saw a group of men surrounding a car. I continued to the Co-op and saw them again on my way back. This time I thought I saw a cat underneath the car so just now wrote on a local FB group, asking about it. Turns out it was a dog, one of two, left in a back garden, with no food or water, whilst the owners have been away since Friday! PMs between me and two group members tell me the owners are 'travellers', they mistreat the dogs (children kick them), and the RSPCA have oft been called.

I asked why haven't they been taken away by the organisation? The reply: they're travellers, people are scared! The escaped dog was eventually taken to a vet and our Cllr is again involved in trying to prevent it going back to the owners. A neighbour of one of these ladies has been feeding the dogs, but I do wonder, have they water and/or shelter?

And just why are we scared of travellers? Don't we have a duty of care towards these animals? If we watch Dog Rescuers with Alan Davies, aren't we led to assume that that is the job and goal of their inspectors?

But apparently one of these ladies says she's been on to the vets and told them the background, probably hoping the owners don't come forward and reclaim. Obviously it isn't microchipped (illegal!)
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 10:53 AM

I lose patience with first example I call second one criminal.

I do leave mine in a car from time to time but I have been known to leave shopping until 3am so I can assure they won't be too hot !

Don't have a dog if you aren't willing to change your habits to keep them safe.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I won't read the article as I can see the content by the headline!

Just slightly off topic. Last night when out for my walk I saw a group of men surrounding a car. I continued to the Co-op and saw them again on my way back. This time I thought I saw a cat underneath the car so just now wrote on a local FB group, asking about it. Turns out it was a dog, one of two, left in a back garden, with no food or water, whilst the owners have been away since Friday! PMs between me and two group members tell me the owners are 'travellers', they mistreat the dogs (children kick them), and the RSPCA have oft been called.

I asked why haven't they been taken away by the organisation? The reply: they're travellers, people are scared! The escaped dog was eventually taken to a vet and our Cllr is again involved in trying to prevent it going back to the owners. A neighbour of one of these ladies has been feeding the dogs, but I do wonder, have they water and/or shelter?

And just why are we scared of travellers? Don't we have a duty of care towards these animals? If we watch Dog Rescuers with Alan Davies, aren't we led to assume that that is the job and goal of their inspectors?

But apparently one of these ladies says she's been on to the vets and told them the background, probably hoping the owners don't come forward and reclaim. Obviously it isn't microchipped (illegal!)

The highlighted bit is true, Jazzi, few people will mess with the travellers.
I learned that years ago over a dispute with them about a dog. They threatened me and my family, said they would find where we lived, then later threatened my Dad and brother.

When I told the village bobby, he told me himself that the cops didn't like going on their site. He told me they were all local cops and the travellers knew that and knew where they lived.
Those travellers were ruthless and violent and no one wanted to go there because of the threat of repercussions.

Earlier this year one of their horses was dead in the field, but it was just left there with the others all standing round it, until a member of the public finally reported it.

They are a law unto themselves.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I lose patience with first example I call second one criminal.

I do leave mine in a car from time to time but I have been known to leave shopping until 3am so I can assure they won't be too hot !

Don't have a dog if you aren't willing to change your habits to keep them safe.
I have to say I dont agree with leaving a dog in a car at any time. The weather can change so quickly and dogs are very easily overheated..

Re travellers.. I dont know why people are so worried about taking them on I suppose its all the ethnic minority BS they throw about.

Rules are rules and if they apply to one they apply to all..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 01:41 PM

It's the violence that is scaring them IMO I remember my uncle a village Bobby always had to call for three others to help him everytime he had to go into the big travellers site in Kent. He was a big man hardly afraid of anything but they scared him.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 07:49 PM

They're travellers, but live in a house here. Doesn't make sense.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

31-07-2017, 09:15 PM

It sort of does as travelling is being made harder and many want to stop travelling when they have school age children.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I have to say I dont agree with leaving a dog in a car at any time. The weather can change so quickly and dogs are very easily overheated..

Re travellers.. I dont know why people are so worried about taking them on I suppose its all the ethnic minority BS they throw about.

Rules are rules and if they apply to one they apply to all..

You are kidding ,travellers are notoriously violent .
It's asking for trouble to confront them .
That's why he police go into their camps in groups and sometimes wearing riot gear .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top