Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 01:13 PM

I've bought a new watch

I've bought a new watch for myself as a post birthday present as I've lost my old one.
It arrived 8:00 this morning and on the tiny instructions paper.
It says it is a four year watch. I presume this means it will know its a leap year and account for the extra day, and not after fours years pass, a little knife comes out and slits my wrist ending the relationship.

Its a digital watch. It tells the day of the week and month but not the year which is ok as most of the time I remember what year it is or I could write it on my hand.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 01:20 PM

Re: I've bought a new watch

You have a good sense of humour MC !

I hope you have a good sense of time too, because a four year watch may mean that it only works one day in every 4 years.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 01:51 PM

Wait until the cuckoo pops out and says your late or something
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Watch it!

In a minute all the watch jokes will start coming out!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 03:14 PM

My son has just received a smart watch, his girlfriend ordered some soap over tinternet and they sent him a smart watch, by mistake, when she queried it they said they didn't want it back, and sent the soap out on a new order,
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
You have a good sense of humour MC !

I hope you have a good sense of time too, because a four year watch may mean that it only works one day in every 4 years.
Hi Twink, Yes that's another worry.
It didn't cost a fortune but it still I really like it.

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Hi realspeed, that's all I need, its supposed to chime but I haven't worked out how to do that yet but then again it would probably wear out the battery quicker.

I was really cheesed off when I unpacked it as there were no instructions on how to set it up so struggled a lot pressing buttons. Got up to make a coffee before starting again and found a tiny scrappy bit of cardboard I had been sitting on was the instructions.
tomtwodogs
Lynmouth U.K.
tomtwodogs is male  tomtwodogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 03:56 PM

Aaw ..I have the very latest in digital technology watches, no instructions needed whatsoever, when I want to use it, all I do is press a button and a little finger points to the nearest person with the right time,... sorted !
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I've bought a new watch for myself as a post birthday present as I've lost my old one.
It arrived 8:00 this morning and on the tiny instructions paper.
It says it is a four year watch. I presume this means it will know its a leap year and account for the extra day, and not after fours years pass, a little knife comes out and slits my wrist ending the relationship.

Its a digital watch. It tells the day of the week and month but not the year which is ok as most of the time I remember what year it is or I could write it on my hand.
Huh! How passée. Technology marches on MC. At the appointed time, the watch will administer a large electric shock sufficient to stop your heart. Watch manufacturers deemed the original method of despatch too messy as blood is an absolute bugger to get out of clothing and it wasn't fair on the next of kin who would be stuck with trying to wash it out.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 08:29 PM

These days, l rarely ever wear a watch. I must have a sixth sense as l can guess the time to the nearest ten minutes!
I do find it strange and can't figure out why l have this strange ability?!!
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 08:45 PM

I rarely wear a watch either, the time of day doesn't seem too important anymore unless I have an appointment to go to. My husband always wears a watch, says he feels undressed without one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top