Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 09:11 AM

the lady with the suitcase

I really hope you have a good holiday, it sounds like you are planning to have fun..

I just wish I hadn't had to hear your conversation at 5am this morning.
You walked down the street with your suitcase on wheels making a rumbling noise , which at that peaceful hour sounded like the approach of a freight train.. Your telephone held up to your face and you excitedly told the person on the other end all about your early start and how you were 'sooooo looking forward to this holiday'

Of course your voice had to be heard above the thunderous noise of the suitcase so you used your 'nightclub' screech which is powerful enough to be heard over booming music and so loud enough to be heard above your suitcase.. I felt like shoutig back at you but whats the point? I suppose you would only would say that Im a moaner and that you are excited and I would say ..

Yes dear but I have to get up at 6am and being woken at 5 means I cant get back to sleep so now I will be worn out for the rest of the day..

Why oh why is it necessary to make so much noise at that early hour?

I think I have truely outgrown the city and where the buzz used to excite me it now only leaves me feeling exhausted and miserable.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 09:34 AM

Re: the lady with the suitcase

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I really hope you have a good holiday, it sounds like you are planning to have fun..

I just wish I hadn't had to hear your conversation at 5am this morning.
You walked down the street with your suitcase on wheels making a rumbling noise , which at that peaceful hour sounded like the approach of a freight train.. Your telephone held up to your face and you excitedly told the person on the other end all about your early start and how you were 'sooooo looking forward to this holiday'

Of course your voice had to be heard above the thunderous noise of the suitcase so you used your 'nightclub' screech which is powerful enough to be heard over booming music and so loud enough to be heard above your suitcase.. I felt like shoutig back at you but whats the point? I suppose you would only would say that Im a moaner and that you are excited and I would say ..

Yes dear but I have to get up at 6am and being woken at 5 means I cant get back to sleep so now I will be worn out for the rest of the day..

Why oh why is it necessary to make so much noise at that early hour?

I think I have truely outgrown the city and where the buzz used to excite me it now only leaves me feeling exhausted and miserable.
Rub your eyes Cass and think of the time when you can return home from work, put your feet up and peruse the forum with a hot steaming mug of horlicks. I once read a quote in a walking magazine that said ' It says a lot about society when most people take every opportunity they can to escape the built up areas in favour of the quiet open spaces of the great outdoors'.....Me included.....
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 09:48 AM

I had a similar problem at 5 am, some idiot revving a very high powered motorcycle outside for about five minutes before roaring off down the street. I live in what is considered to be a quiet cul-de-sac. Also a neighbour across the road (never seen him) is collected every day at 5.30 am by someone who has his car radio on, what with that, slamming of doors and "Morning!", it is so frustrating. I am an insomniac and rarely get to sleep before about 3 am, so often have to manage on only a couple of hours sleep.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I had a similar problem at 5 am, some idiot revving a very high powered motorcycle outside for about five minutes before roaring off down the street. I live in what is considered to be a quiet cul-de-sac. Also a neighbour across the road (never seen him) is collected every day at 5.30 am by someone who has his car radio on, what with that, slamming of doors and "Morning!", it is so frustrating. I am an insomniac and rarely get to sleep before about 3 am, so often have to manage on only a couple of hours sleep.

You should be so lucky darlin'. We have herring gulls nesting in the chimneys above me. They're awake at dawn (around 04.30ish) and then squawk and scream for the next two hours or so whilst sitting out on the pavement or perched on the garden walls or fences less than 20 feet away from my bedroom windows.

http://www.arkive.org/herring-gull/l...age-A7108.html
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 11:26 AM

As my bedroom faces the car park, and is alongside the drive way in, I often get cars idling just feet away from my window. Yup, doors slamming, radio on, or diesel engine running, loud conversations.

Then neighbours going out very early who like to let the front door slam shut, without thought for those of us still asleep. Huh: fat chance!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 11:44 AM

It never ceases to amaze me just how inconsiderate some people can be. I was always taught to be extra quiet at night or early morning, so I hate to hear people making unnecessary noise, it really winds me up. But of course nothing ever happens to these people, no one ever tells them to shut up, so they continue to annoy. Maybe they are right and I am wrong.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 09:22 PM

Neighbours dog kept me awake all last night with it's incessant barking, so when I saw him this morning I said let me borrow your dog for tonight and I'll tie him up in my garden......See how you like it.....
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Neighbours dog kept me awake all last night with it's incessant barking, so when I saw him this morning I said let me borrow your dog for tonight and I'll tie him up in my garden......See how you like it.....

Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I wouldn't go back to the city, any city, for anything. Until recently I could go out of the house any day of the week at any time and hear nothing, (apart from the birds) absolutely nothing.

It's not quite like that now but is still a million times better than having to put up with morons such as you describe above.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 11:41 PM

For three nights I had to listen to incessant traffic, and the shouts and screams of people out on the gardens opposite my Torquay hotel. The silence of the car park when I got home, in comparison, was deafening!!! So I'll keep my little flat and the 'occasional noise in the car park' thank you very much!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top