Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 12:14 AM

Low Sperm Count

Odd that after discussing The Handmaids Tale in the TV section that on this morning's radio news was a report that a major study had found that male sperm count in western society had halved in the last 40 years.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-2...-study/8743020

Fortunately we are not in crisis because, on average, western men are still producing 50 million sperm per ejaculation and only one is required per egg

It is a life style issue because the sperm count in Asian and African men had shown no similar decline.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 12:16 AM

Re: Low Sperm Count

How many? Surely, 50 million can't be right?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Hang on, I'll count them...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 12:27 AM

Here you go Art, just googled it:

Normal sperm densities range from 15 million to greater than 200 million sperm per milliliter of semen. You are considered to have a low sperm count if you have fewer than 15 million sperm per milliliter or less than 39 million sperm total per ejaculate.
15 Jul 2015

I believe there are many reasons for the lower sperm count now. I believe some of the reasons are polluted food and water, sedentary life styles, and I even read that lap tops used on knees for hours on end, and mobiles in pockets all day can either kill sperm or make deformed sperm that are unable to make the required journey successfully.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Hang on, I'll count them...
Bruce, See you in a few months time! Don't fall asleep!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

26-07-2017, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Here you go Art, just googled it:

Normal sperm densities range from 15 million to greater than 200 million sperm per milliliter of semen. You are considered to have a low sperm count if you have fewer than 15 million sperm per milliliter or less than 39 million sperm total per ejaculate.15 Jul 2015

Mups, Did l really want to know that?
Next time, l go for a walk and see a discarded condom, l will think.. Ooooh, l wonder how many millions of sperm does that contain?!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 12:37 AM

Mups, Did l really want to know that?
Next time, l go for a walk and see a discarded condom, l will think.. Ooooh, l wonder how many millions of sperm does that contain?!

Well it's a fact of life Art, and nought much we can do about it.
The fact that what Bruce says about Asian and African men do not show the same decline indicates to me that it must be the western lifestyle is the cause.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 04:17 AM

Hi

It is more likely to be chemical.

Our water supplies are heavily contaminated, particularly with hormones, a by product of the extensive use of the contraceptive pill.

It is not just men who are affected, fish are also affected.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...raceptive-pill

It is a huge problem.

I keep marine fish, there are so many contaminants in my tap water that using reverse osmosis and a huge activated carbon filter, which a metre long, I get 92% wastage and only 8% pure water.

To save money, I use a resin filter, my nephew is a much better chemist than I am, a PhD at Oxford, a commercial resin with a few bits added.

The synthetic hormone used in the pill and HRT is a 100 times more potent than natural hormones.

It is no coincidence that low sperm counts are directly linked to the widespread use of these hormones.

You can trace the effect on sperm down river.

There is little effect if you live in Llanidloes, the head of the River Severn, when you get to Birmingham, there is a very noticeable effect, simply because they are not removed by sewage treatment plants.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 06:21 AM

See many discarded condoms when you're out walking do you Art?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 07:23 AM

Bruce don't COME on here often, but when he does he's sure got SPUNK.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top