Join for free
Mister_Oy
NW UK
Mister_Oy is male  Mister_Oy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 06:32 PM

How to link a photo from FlickR

Ok - here are the simple steps to get a photo from FlickR onto the forum.

Assuming you have uploaded your photo - and then clicked on it to bring up it's FlickR page.

1. The "Share Photo" button the the middle one - an arrow - at the bottom right of your photo.

2. Ok - here's how to get the code to copy & paste into your forum post. These choices should stay as default once you're done it but sometimes revert.

• Make sure "BBCode" is selected (1) This is the most common error and usually why people end up posting a link rather than the actiual photo.

• Drop down the "Size" list and select the size you want to post. (2) (I upload at the size I want to use then select "Original" as that retains the embedded exif date and lets people see my camera settings)

• Copy and paste the resulting code (3) into your forum post.

There may be some slight variation in the options available for free FlickR account people. I have a Pro Account - I'm not sure of "original" is available on free accounts.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 10:30 PM

Re: How to link a photo from FlickR

I'm just going to attach photos on posts from now on , it's all far too complicated for me
I have asked admin if there's a way to make attachments appear bigger on posts but no reply so far...
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I'm just going to attach photos on posts from now on , it's all far too complicated for me
I have asked admin if there's a way to make attachments appear bigger on posts but no reply so far...
If you follow Mr oy's advice above, you will find it really easy.
If I can do it, you can too
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 11:35 PM

Don't you believe it!
I glazed over after the first sentence.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Don't you believe it!
I glazed over after the first sentence.
No, don't give in - you CAN do it.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

19-07-2017, 11:47 PM

Ok, I'll try, after a long sleep!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 09:44 AM

[IMG]
DISPLAY by brian r, on Flickr[/IMG]

Ta very much Mr Oy, im on free and it showed original. Good info.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top