Join for free
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 05:02 PM

Mobile Phone - 'Wrong Entry' warning ...

..... guess what came up 'Wrong Entry' when i tried to change something..

Answer: The year.

I never look at the date in my mobile, (which I've had since the year dot - no internet, no camera). I was answering a text last night from my daughter saying she was coming over. Text box was full, so I started deleting and noticed the date and time was wrong on them, even the just received one from my daughter.

So I tried to figure out where to change the date and time. Changed the date. Noticed the year was wrong. It said it was 2000! Tried to change it to 2017. 'Wrong Entry' warning! So I'm sat thinking, I'm sure it's 2017, or is it 2007? Got up, checked the calendar....yep it's 2017.

It won't accept the year is 2017! So I went up in year order and it stopped at 2014.
No idea how long I've had it ....but must be a proper vintage one
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 05:04 PM

Re: Mobile Phone - 'Wrong Entry' warning ...

Is it the size of a house brick?

Only joking
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Leia ->

Only joking
Or two cocoa tins attached with a long string!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Leia ->

Only joking

No, it's only a small one... hang on...

..... gets tape measure...

It's 9cm long and 4cm wide

Edited: Don't those house brick phones look odd in the old films?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
No, it's only a small one... hang on...

..... gets tape measure...

It's 9cm long and 4cm wide
Pesta, Now measure the aerial!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

19-07-2017, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Pesta, Now measure the aerial!
Can't, it's stuck up my nose
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 05:29 PM

But nobody's picked up on the year...20014! That means you've got years to run on it!!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

19-07-2017, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
But nobody's picked up on the year...20014! That means you've got years to run on it!!
Oops, well spotted Jazzi....I've swiftly changed it
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

19-07-2017, 11:27 PM

A few years ago, whilst most had Smart phones/iPhones, l had an old Nokia mobile phone, really ancient with a hard plastic aerial.
One day, l decided to catch the bus to town and got on the university bus, full of young students.
I sat on a side seat at the front of the bus and looked along the bus at the students. The majority of the young people had up to the minute, trendy phones, playing games or texting really fast!
Suddenly, my old phone rang and all eyes were on me! l gingerly, slunk down in the seat, trying to hide my chunky, ancient phone under my neck and hair, so they wouldn't see that my phone was a dinosaur from the 'dark ages'!! I felt really embarrassed!
Soon after, l got a Smart phone and then one of my daughter's gave me her iPhone when she got the new one out!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top