Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 03:08 PM

Lending

Have you ever lent something to someone and its come back damaged ?Many years ago I lent my brother my little boys plastic mac , to put on his daughter as it was raining when they were ready to go home.He never offered it back and when I asked for it I found it was torn.Being my brother I didnt complain ,Many years later friends borrowed my 'wet & dry' cleaner , when they returned it it no longer worked properly.Again I didnt complain
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 03:12 PM

Re: Lending

Years ago I lent a cassette player to someone, I had to ask for it back. They opened the door to an under stairs cupboard and there it was in a pile of "rubbish". It was broken of course. Lesson learned.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 03:24 PM

Yes I lent my carpet shampooer to a pal and it came back totally blocked up with her red carpet! I cleaned it all out which took me ages. Later she asked to borrow it again so I told a white lie and said it was broken
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 06:08 PM

Lent money which was never returned , foolish me
lent a hoover to friend it was returned uncleaned
Ex husband borrowed an old electric drill from a friend and it burnt out , he had to buy a new one to replace , annoyingly he already had one in his garage .

I should have remembered mum's words , never a lender or a borrower be

I never ask to borrow , and I won't lend again

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top