Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mister_Oy
NW UK
Mister_Oy is male  Mister_Oy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 08:56 AM

The Menai Suspension Bridge

The Menai Suspension Bridge carries road traffic between the island of Anglesey and the mainland of Wales. The bridge was designed by Thomas Telford, was completed in 1826 and is a Grade I listed building.

MV Balmoral Trip - Liverpool - Llandudno - Anglesey 160717

Taken with the Fuji X100F.

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 09:44 AM

Re: The Menai Suspension Bridge

Wonderful clear photo and beautiful sky
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 01:10 PM

Great photo...I've spent many a happy weekend on the island.

I've also spent a little time dodging rocks on The Swellies...one of the most hazardous stretches of water in the UK...if not Europe.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 07:48 PM

Oh no - another one I cannot see. Mister-Oy are you doing something different with your uploads? I have never had problems viewing your photos before.
Mister_Oy
NW UK
Mister_Oy is male  Mister_Oy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Oh no - another one I cannot see. Mister-Oy are you doing something different with your uploads? I have never had problems viewing your photos before.

Nope - exactly the same method used.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 09:02 PM

Lovely photo of the bridge Mr Oy...
Mister_Oy
NW UK

19-07-2017, 09:08 PM

Thanks folks
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 09:23 PM

If you are ever anywhere the Britannia Bridge, look at the base of (mainland side)the concrete support....there's a yellow line crudely painted on it.

It was painted on by a local sailor to help sail boats to navigate....point your boat at the yellow line and the current will take you through safely.

It's very surreal pointing your boat sideways and relying on the current to safely deliver you between the hazards, namely rocks and Bridge supports.
Mister_Oy
NW UK

19-07-2017, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
If you are ever anywhere the Britannia Bridge, look at the base of (mainland side)the concrete support....there's a yellow line crudely painted on it.

It was painted on by a local sailor to help sail boats to navigate....point your boat at the yellow line and the current will take you through safely.

It's very surreal pointing your boat sideways and relying on the current to safely deliver you between the hazards, namely rocks and Bridge supports.
We went under it - I'll have a look at my pix
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

19-07-2017, 09:35 PM

It's a lovely area,

Did you get a photo of the house in the middle of the Straits?

An old fish smoking place with a unique way of catching fish.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top