Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 06:05 PM

Easy Jet flight from Murcia to Gatwick

This afternoon we took my son and family to the airport for their flight home. We were a good two hours early. On checking in they were told there was a 35 minute delay. The plane was due to leave at 5 p.m. An hour ago my son phoned and said all passengers had been boarded and o nce seated were told there was a long delay, due to a runway at Gatwick being damaged (I think).

There are families on this flight with young children and small babies. My son has just phoned again to say they have now been told it could be some hours yet before they depart. Whilst I was talking to him one couple we saw at the airport with a baby around 3 months old said they were getting off the plane, the baby was getting overheated and the aircon is not running. My son then asked a stewardess (presumably) if they could get off and would they be able to board again before take off. I actually heard the reply "No sorry". To add insult to injury Easy Jet are charging people for water and sandwiches.

I can see some claims being put in to Easy Jet. My son, and no doubt others, has his car parked at Gatwick, it is paid for until 8 p.m. tonight.

I realise of course sometimes delays are inevitable, but to expect people to sit on a plane for hours with no air con in the heat here, and still charge people for drinks and sandwiches, is, in my opinion disgraceful.

I now wait for my son to phone and say when they will be taking off. Easy Jet should be ashamed of the way they are treating their passengers.

Edited to add, we are of course an hour ahead of UK time. It is now 7 p.m. here and they have already been on board the plane for an hour and a half, which is a long time when you have babies and toddlers.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 06:24 PM

Re: Easy Jet flight from Murcia to Gatwick

Sounds like a real nightmare journey !
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Sounds like a real nightmare journey !
It certainly does ST. I could hear children screaming when my son phoned. It canīt be right at all to leave people sitting for hours on a plane with no air con. The temperature here is still around 28C at, 7.30 p.m now.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

17-07-2017, 09:05 PM

The plane finally took off at 11 minutes past 9. Almost 4 hours sitting on the plane.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 09:27 PM

They will be able to claim some compensation as it was over 3 hours.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
They will be able to claim some compensation as it was over 3 hours.
So they should too, that is unacceptable frankly.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

17-07-2017, 09:58 PM

I hope everyone on that flight claims compensation. They should never have boarded the passengers when it was obvious they knew it was going to be a long delay. Approximately 4 hours sitting on a plane with no aircon in the heat we have here must have been unbearable, and to be told they wouldn't be allowed back on if they got off ! Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by Easy Jet. There were many elderly people and very small children on that flight. One couple with a very young baby did get off, whether they were allowed to get back on I don't know, no doubt my son will tell me later, the plane hasn't landed back in UK yet. They told my son if they got off with the baby they wouldn't be allowed back on. He was on the phone to me at the time, I heard him speak to the father of the baby and I heard my son ask if they would be allowed to get back on if they got off, I heard the stewardess tell him no.

Once the passengers were boarded they were told it could be up to midnight before they could leave, so why did they board them? Surely it would have been better to leave them in the departure lounge where it was at least cool and they could get a drink !
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 02:29 PM

I would never understand their actions! Hope everyone on that flight is ok and suffered no ill effects.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

18-07-2017, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I would never understand their actions! Hope everyone on that flight is ok and suffered no ill effects.
As far as I know everyone survived Jazzi. The family with the very young baby who got off the plane, didnīt get on again, so presumably they booked and paid for another flight.
Personally I think Easy Jet behaved appallingly.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 05:43 PM

Ryan Air did something similar to us on our last flight back.
The flight was delayed for hours unfortunately just under three.
But we were kept in the queue in Malaga airport as they kept saying boarding was imminent . There was no air con in that pat of the airport either .
I asked the RA people why they just didn't say and everyone could have gone away an sat down had a coffees or something they said they weren't allowed to do this . Even though they could see there were families and old people getting quite distressed .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top