Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 12:00 AM

Why are there so many chavs/yobs in Britain?

At a loose end, and nothing much new appearing on OFF, I thought I'd Google 'Why are there so many chavs/yobs in Britain?', and came up with one very clear and convincing explanation from someone:

The problem is, when political correctness came in, shame went out.

Being an unwed Mother was seen as something to be ashamed of, not a quick step onto the housing and benefits ladder. Communities were much closer and families would be mortified to have such shame brought upon them by their daughters, especially if their peers and neighbours found out. And the other half of the duo would have some explaining to do. Usually to wrong end of Daddies shotgun. But not any more. Parents don't seem to give a damn. But why should they when it's all accepted as the norm.

And then there's work. Claiming the dole was embarrassing, an admittance of defeat. I remember coming back into the country, having lived abroad for a while. I claimed for one week and felt so humiliated standing in that queue to collect my money, that I started cleaning other peoples houses until I could get the job I wanted.

That's all gone now. The current generation have been brought up to believe that the world owes them a living. We make celebrities out teen parents, for Gods sake! Is anyone really surprised with what we've ended up with?

Bring back shame and maybe things will change. Until then, it'll carry on just as it is.

I think that effectively answered my question. A bit embarrassing though, I thought, to be British.

Perhaps some of you have other ideas.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 12:13 AM

Re: Why are there so many chavs/yobs in Britain?

I wouldn't want the days to return whereby a woman had to feel shame because she was unwed and in the pudding club JBR.
But I take your very good point, and yes far to many people don't seem to be ashamed of anything they do nowadays.
No matter how disgraceful that might be.
It's just a case of heff you, and I am alright Jack thank you very much!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 12:14 AM

The blame lies entirely with the invention of the internet.....you only have to look on here....;0
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 12:32 AM

The American series, Dallas, changed everything!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 01:02 AM

Obviously because in 1787 there was a terrible clerical error which lead to all the good people being put on the First Fleet and shipped to Australia while all the criminals were left behind.

(British Cabinet Papers 1788)
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 08:36 AM

A lot of the problem is men not taking responsibility for their actions.
During and after the "free love" era it became acceptable for men to avoid responsibility for any "issue" resulting from their exploits.
You only have to listen to a group of men giggling and congratulating each other for getting a girl or woman "knocked up" to realise that some of them consider it to be some kind of game or joke not to be taken seriously.
Meanwhile the mothers of their "bits of fun" are derided and scorned, thrown tidbits from the government and expected to produce model citizens without the help or guidance of a suitable male role model.
To make things worse the older generation are looking down their noses at the very people they should be helping and advising when they need it most.
The CSA is useless and may as well not exist and Legal Aid has been withdrawn for child maintenance cases.
Therefore no errant fathers are being made responsible in any way, shape or form, for providing for their children.
This situation is going to get a whole lot worse.
Rant over, talk amongst yourselves!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
A lot of the problem is men not taking responsibility for their actions.
During and after the "free love" era it became acceptable for men to avoid responsibility for any "issue" resulting from their exploits.
You only have to listen to a group of men giggling and congratulating each other for getting a girl or woman "knocked up" to realise that some of them consider it to be some kind of game or joke not to be taken seriously.
Meanwhile the mothers of their "bits of fun" are derided and scorned, thrown tidbits from the government and expected to produce model citizens without the help or guidance of a suitable male role model.
To make things worse the older generation are looking down their noses at the very people they should be helping and advising when they need it most.
The CSA is useless and may as well not exist and Legal Aid has been withdrawn for child maintenance cases.
Therefore no errant fathers are being made responsible in any way, shape or form, for providing for their children.
This situation is going to get a whole lot worse.
Rant over, talk amongst yourselves!

Good post
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 08:44 AM

Thanks Joe, I can hear the mutterings from here!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 08:49 AM

I don't know where you spend your free time Tessa, I have worked amongst men for fifty years and have never once heard anyone brag or congratulate anyone on getting a girl knocked up.

I really should get out more....
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 08:50 AM

So our country is overun with chavs and its mens fault, i sometimes despair of you folks.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top