Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2017, 06:37 PM

Does it Really Matter?

We are all constantly urged keep fit healthy and slim, with hundreds of different diets
Also to look after our appearance and be smartly dressed as well.

Does it really matter? Half the population is overweight and would rather dress comfortably. than follow fashion, even if they look like a sack of potatoes.

The above observation is no disrespect to any OFF Members.

Yet millions of overweight people are happily married, and some take no notice of fashion
I know a Millionaire who dresses like tramp, and his wife has an awful job to get him to wear a suit even for a Wedding!!

Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2017, 06:45 PM

Re: Does it Really Matter?

As long as the person is nice, it matters not, to me.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2017, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
That sums it up.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2017, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Quite right too, Tpin
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

14-07-2017, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
That sums it up.

I agree!
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2017, 07:15 PM

I like to feel relaxed in what I'm wearing so will slop around at home but put something casual but decent on when going out.
I do like to dress up if I'm going somewhere special though and feel better about myself when I do.
Weekends are the best though when I can wear a dress and call myself Mandy.

Only Joking

I'm going to get a terrible reputation on this board cos of my weird sense of humour I can feel it.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2017, 07:16 PM

It does matter that so many people have been made overweight. Their health is in a poor state and they have increased risks of disease and premature death.

It is wrong that so many shameless people and organisation promote various diets for these people to try. Diets never work, they simply can never work, because by definition they are a temporary eating change, not a life choice change.

There does need to be far more food education and the controlled media needs to stop promoting stupid solutions for profit and be responsible.
Unfortunately they are unlikely to so it is up to individuals to play their part.

I don't judge or dislike overweight people, but I recognise that in the main, they are poorly educated about food and drink and/or not particularly bothered about their health.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2017, 07:18 PM

What's weird about it?

Though I question your taste in names.

My weekend name is Roy.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

14-07-2017, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
It does matter that so many people have been made overweight. Their health is in a poor state and they have increased risks of disease and premature death.

It is wrong that so many shameless people and organisation promote various diets for these people to try. Diets never work, they simply can never work, because by definition they are a temporary eating change, not a life choice change.

There does need to be far more food education and the controlled media needs to stop promoting stupid solutions for profit and be responsible.
Unfortunately they are unlikely to so it is up to individuals to play their part.

I don't judge or dislike overweight people, but I recognise that in the main, they are poorly educated about food and drink and/or not particularly bothered about their health.
I've met overweight people that'd run you into the ground.

As for your "rip off theory" that sums it up.... your obsession with everything being a rip off is unhealthy.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2017, 07:28 PM

At the end of the day , not a lot really matters., IMO.
Grin.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top