Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2011, 02:03 PM

A little quizz

No Clues, no saying how well you are doing, just the Answers on Saturday

1. If you were snacking on a 'little donkey', what would you be eating?

2. Christiane, Müller, Branco, Marta and Taffarel are all examples of what?

3. Which company used the slogan 'Because I'm worth it'?

4. In which popular film are the following some of the songs in the movie soundtrack?

The Man In Me, Hotel California, Looking Out My Backdoor and Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)

5. In which stadiums were the three highest attendance figures recorded for a final game at the Football World Cup?

6. The name of which novel set on the island of Pianosa is now a word for an absurd or senseless situation?

7. In which controversial film is Nadsat spoken?

8. Agnes Gonxhe Bojaxhiu was better known as what?

9. With 40 years and 292 days, who was the oldest captain in a Football World Cup?

10. The following words are from songs with 'ball' somewhere in the song title. Can you name the song? One point for each correct answer.

a. It was like lightning, everybody was frightening

b. He always runs while others walk, he acts while other men just talk

c. You shake my nerves and you rattle my brain

d. Magic woman wreckin up my soul, things you tell me have never been told

e. He plays by intuition the digit counters fall
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2011, 05:05 PM

Re: A little quizz

Ooh.... the quizzes are getting harder!

On first glance the only one I know for sure, is ........

10 c. Great Balls of Fire (Jerry Lee Lewis)
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2011, 05:12 PM

3. L'Oreal
10e. Pinball Wizard (the Who)
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2011, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
No Clues, no saying how well you are doing, just the Answers on Saturday

1. If you were snacking on a 'little donkey', what would you be eating? Answer: A Burrito (Mexican tortilla/tao)2.

Christiane, Müller, Branco, Marta and Taffarel are all examples of what? Answer - Footballers

3. Which company used the slogan 'Because I'm worth it'? Answer L'Oreal

4. In which popular film are the following some of the songs in the movie soundtrack?

The Man In Me, Hotel California, Looking Out My Backdoor and Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)
Answer - The Big Lebowski

5. In which stadiums were the three highest attendance figures recorded for a final game at the Football World Cup? Answer - only know one which is Johannesburg

6. The name of which novel set on the island of Pianosa is now a word for an absurd or senseless situation? Answer - Catch 22

7. In which controversial film is Nadsat spoken? Answer - Clockwork Orange

8. Agnes Gonxhe Bojaxhiu was better known as what? Abnswer - Mogther Theresa

9. With 40 years and 292 days, who was the oldest captain in a Football World Cup? Answer - Dino Zoff (Italian)

10. The following words are from songs with 'ball' somewhere in the song title. Can you name the song? One point for each correct answer.

a. It was like lightning, everybody was frightening Answer - Ballroom Blitz (Sweet)

b. He always runs while others walk, he acts while other men just talk Answer - Thunderball (Tom Jones)

c. You shake my nerves and you rattle my brain Answer - Great Balls of Fire (Jerry Lee Lewis)

d. Magic woman wreckin up my soul, things you tell me have never been told Answer Fire Ball (Deep Purple)

e. He plays by intuition the digit counters fall Answer - Pinball Wizard (The Who)
There were some hard ones in there Antibrown, especially the football ones
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2011, 05:27 PM

But it's only Thursday? Anyway you could have given me until this time next year and still I'd have only guessed my measely two
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2011, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
But it's only Thursday? Anyway you could have given me until this time next year and still I'd have only guessed my measely two
Sorry Maryl - I might not be right on them all. I hope I haven't spoilt it for you
maryl
UK

06-01-2011, 08:00 PM

No, you haven't spoilt it at all Aerolor and how would I know if you were right or wrong? I rarely participate in these because I don't know any of the answers but these two were easy for once.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2011, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
There were some hard ones in there Antibrown, especially the football ones
Wow! I'm impressed, Aerolor!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

06-01-2011, 10:12 PM

Don't be impessed Mags - I've got a confession to make As you probably know, I didn't know them all - I had a bit of time to spare and so looked some of the answers up. Can I call it research - it sounds better than cheating
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

06-01-2011, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Don't be impessed Mags - I've got a confession to make As you probably know, I didn't know them all - I had a bit of time to spare and so looked some of the answers up. Can I call it research - it sounds better than cheating
Who cares! Research is good for the brain cells!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top