Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2017, 06:36 AM

Do you take your mobile phone to bed?

I do - I use it as an alarm clock.

At 2.30am this morning I was woken from a deep sleep by a text message coming through. It was from a friend and totally unimportant. I guess she didn't realise it would wake me up.

I think I'll have to get myself a proper alarm clock and leave the mobile in another room.

It just got me wondering if other people take their phone to bed?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2017, 06:41 AM

Re: Do you take your mobile phone to bed?

I used to and like you got woken by stupid text messages from silly unthinking people in the middle of the night . I was advised by the fire safety team to take mobile to bed with me so I do but it's switched off .
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2017, 06:41 AM

Good God no - I only ever turn it on if I'm meeting someone and one of us might be delayed. I really don't understand this obsession with constantly checking phones.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2017, 06:52 AM

Yes it's on charge on my bedside table overnight.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2017, 06:56 AM

I sometimes use mine as an alarm clock but if I forget it, then I only need to put my glasses on to peer at my silent clock to see the time. I have had late night messages before: sooooo annoying.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2017, 07:17 AM

I have a landline by my bed, but my mobile is very rarely in my bedroom for a few reasons....

1) After hearing of a few fires, started by mobile chargers, I decided to only charge mine where I would be awake and alert.

2) I usually go to sleep around 11 pm and get up at 5.30 am, and don't get lots of sleep... so I would be cross if people started waking me with unnecessary texts.

3) I am not a big fan of mobile phones, and I guarantee that it would frequently end up getting knocked behind my bedside Cupboards or under the Divan... and I am certainly not going to be moving furniture to retrieve it!

4) If I couldn't sleep for any reason, I would be tempted to play games on it.... and that would make me even less likely to sleep!

The best place for my mobile, at night, is safely tucked in it's own bed..... MY HANDBAG which also stays downstairs!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2017, 08:02 AM

Hi

Absolutely not, most of the time I have no idea where my mobile is.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2017, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
Good God no - I only ever turn it on if I'm meeting someone and one of us might be delayed. I really don't understand this obsession with constantly checking phones.
Me too, Eccles, and I am glad I am not the only one. Mine lives at the bottom of my handbag until needed.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2017, 08:13 AM

Likewise mine seldom sees light of day!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2017, 08:25 AM

Have landline cordless phone which I take to bed with me and stuff under my pillow in case of emergencies.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top