Join for free
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 02:19 PM

Efficient DVLA.

I know....efficient and DVLA aren't usually coupled but...

I had to update my license...new photo.
Only 7 years late

As I had just renewed my passport I could renew online without the need of sending in an up to date photo.

Filled out the required forms(online) on Friday morning...license arrived this morning.

That's pretty bloody good, imho.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 02:46 PM

Re: Efficient DVLA.

I agree, their web site is excellent for all things vehicle and driver related, such a refreshing change for anything government.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 04:12 PM

My husband just changed his car, said the same, it was quick and easy to change ownership.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 06:20 PM

I also agree. I do most of my driving related things online now. Car tax, toll fees, parking permits. All very good.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I also agree. I do most of my driving related things online now. Car tax, toll fees, parking permits. All very good.
I pay my car tax by phone now.

Tipin, Did you have to pay £10 for your driving licence. I did.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 10:38 PM

£14-00
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I know....efficient and DVLA aren't usually coupled but...

I had to update my license...new photo.
Only 7 years late

As I had just renewed my passport I could renew online without the need of sending in an up to date photo.

Filled out the required forms(online) on Friday morning...license arrived this morning.

That's pretty bloody good, imho.
Ours has gone backwards - when it was just a local RTA Office (Road Transport Authority) you just went in, they took your photo and printed out your licence then and there took about 20/25 minutes all up.

Naturally the system has changed it is now Services NSW (they deal with all NSW Government business not just roads). As I walked in a lady at a desk asked what I wanted, she then gave me a ticket with a number on it. I sat down but within about 2 minutes I was called to a counter, gave the girl my form, sat down on the seat to have my photo taken - all done in about 5 minutes.

Here is where it was different - instead of telling me to sit down and wait for my licence to be printed she gave me a bit of paper and said my licence would be posted to me. I was in and out within about 12 minutes but I would have preferred to have taken my licence home.

The cost is right for pensioners though - $0.00

You are not allowed to smile dunno who the old bloke is.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017 Driving Licence.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	3347  
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

13-07-2017, 08:19 AM

I didn't know you did(smile)
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2017, 12:54 AM

Arrived today. Ta da...

Another 5 years of motoring sorted.

Still wondering who the old bloke on the licence is though.

Also the organ donor bit has gone, perhaps they have decided my organs will do more harm than good?

BTW our driving licence is our defacto ID worth 100 points by itself (same as a passport)

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Driving Licence 2017 - 2022.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	3356  

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top