Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 01:40 PM

Sex for Autistic teenagers

I've just been watching a bit of 'Loose Women', and there was a woman on there who has an autistic son of 21 - I think - and she was talking about how she was considering hiring a prostitute for him for his 21 st birthday, as he had never experienced sex.

Other viewers phoned in or emailed the show saying they were doing the same for their Autistic child's 18th or 21st too.
It seemed quite common in fact.

I must be a bit naive, because it would never have entered my head to do something like that for my son (he's not autistic I hasten to add), but I really wouldn't.

This lady said that she had been cruising round the red light district of wherever it was, looking for a suitable 'working lady' to hire, but before she arranged anything, her son met a girl and fell in love all by himself. The young couple are still together now, and so Mother's idea never materialised.
She was adamant this idea should be openly talked about and considered for other Autistic young people too.

I can't help but wonder if she would have thought the same had she an Autistic daughter instead of a son? I wonder if she would have hired a male prostitute for her?

Your thoughts on this please?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 01:50 PM

Re: Sex for Autistic teenagers

I think people have needs, and they find ways to make them not sure I'd go as far these ladies because I believe people will find a partner eventually if they are just helped to go to the right places.

But disabled people do have a really hard time dating, I am surprised an autistic person actually wants just sex, my husband has aspergers and he was very hesitant to begin a sexual relationship waiting until he found someone didn't judge him in any way and was willing to let him do things in his own time.

I help on an aspergers forum it's very common that they need love before they can open enough to even consider sex that seems to be common where they sit on the spectrum.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 04:24 PM

There are dating agencies for people with certain conditions like autism where they can find a proper relationship . That seems a better option than a one night stand for sex.

Channel 4 had a series about this, it was lovely to see relationships bloom among those who thought they were 'Undatable'
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 04:42 PM

Indeed much better options available.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
There are dating agencies for people with certain conditions like autism where they can find a proper relationship . That seems a better option than a one night stand for sex.

Channel 4 had a series about this, it was lovely to see relationships bloom among those who thought they were 'Undatable'

I agree, Meg, that does seem a much better idea.

I also was surprised at how many people give this as a 'birthday present'.

Also, like I said earlier, I wonder if those same mothers would think it such a good idea for their daughters, or is it only their sons they buy sex for? Do they think daughters have the same needs?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 06:15 PM

Sorry! Mups but l'm not really into discussing other people's sex lives!
I'm not sure what their mothers hope to achieve by broadcasting it to the world!!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I'm not sure what their mothers hope to achieve by broadcasting it to the world!!
I'm no prude but it's making me cringe!

Not the idea of sex, but your flipping mother having anything to do with it!!!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

12-07-2017, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

I did not say I condoned her actions, Art. In fact I don't, but I thought perhaps I was being prudish.

As I said in the beginning, it is not something I would have done, and I agree about her going on telly about it.
I was also surprised by the people phoning in and it seems this lady is not alone by a long chalk.

Each to their own I suppose.

I was merely asking for people's thoughts on it, which you have given.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I did not say I condoned her actions, Art. In fact I don't, but I thought perhaps I was being prudish.

As I said in the beginning, it is not something I would have done, and I agree about her going on telly about it.
I was also surprised by the people phoning in and it seems this lady is not alone by a long chalk.

Each to their own I suppose.

I was merely asking for people's thoughts on it, which you have given.
Mups, Try not to always go on the defensive....I didn't say you condoned the actions! I just apologised for not really wanting to discuss it.
Then l suppose, l did by adding the second sentence!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 09:22 PM

What's the point of posting on a thread that you don't want to discuss?
Anyhoo, perhaps there's also the fear of unwanted pregnancy if the autistic folk are left to their own devices.
That could cause all sorts of upset.
I know of a lad who has severe attention deficit disorder who dates a girl with learning disabilities, she is now pregnant.
This is causing a lot of anxiety in both families.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top