Join for free
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2017, 07:00 PM

Stephen Wiltshire....Autistic Artist.

I came across this man's work many years ago when he was a kid.

Famous for his cityscapes He's matured and learned how to enhance his wonderful gift......he's a human camera.

http://www.stephenwiltshire.co.uk/
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2017, 07:04 PM

Re: Stephen Wiltshire....Autistic Artist.

Amazing .
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2017, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Amazing .
I saw him on a tv programme when they took him to America...the following is a bit vague so may not be geographically accurate....say it was New York....he was put in a taxi which then drove a few blocks....he was then given a canvas and he drew the whole journey from memory(seeing it just once)all the buildings.....and he didn't even miss one window off a building...it was 100% accurate.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2017, 07:15 PM

A totally photographic memory and the ability to put it down on paper.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2017, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I saw him on a tv programme when they took him to America...the following is a bit vague so may not be geographically accurate....say it was New York....he was put in a taxi which then drove a few blocks....he was then given a canvas and he drew the whole journey from memory(seeing it just once)all the buildings.....and he didn't even miss one window off a building...it was 100% accurate.
I remember that programme too. He was an amazing kid and has turned into a fantastic artist.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 08:17 AM

I think I remember this tv programme was it quite a few years ago , if so I think another young lad was also in the programme . He could play incredible music by ear , he'd never been trained yet they played music to him and he sat at a piano and replayed the music perfectly . These autistic kids are amazing , very intelligent . I wonder how the brain manages to hold the memory of vision or music and then have the ability to do these incredible things .
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

12-07-2017, 08:32 AM

My son has very mild autism......his mind, where maths is concerned, is a proverbial calculator.....so much so his teacher actually accused him of cheating in an exam(he was 7 at the time)because there was no working out on paper.

When my son emphatically denied it the teacher decided to teach my son a lesson for lying.......took him to the front of the class and demanded my son did the calculations in his head to the maths he put on the chalkboard....my son obliged and made his teacher look a fool.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I think I remember this tv programme was it quite a few years ago , if so I think another young lad was also in the programme . He could play incredible music by ear , he'd never been trained yet they played music to him and he sat at a piano and replayed the music perfectly . These autistic kids are amazing , very intelligent . I wonder how the brain manages to hold the memory of vision or music and then have the ability to do these incredible things .
I have this theory that they block out all the distractions of everyday life. I remember once hearing a song on my radio alarm when I was only semi awake and hearing every single note more clearly than I ever had before. When I woke up fully the music changed back to normal.

Just a theory, I'm no expert on the subject.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top