Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 06:17 PM

Does Pushing A Shopping Trolley, Ruin Your 'Street Cred'?

I don't mean the wire shopping trolleys in the supermarket, l am talking the tartan or bright red ones!
I mean, at what age or time in your life, do you resort to acquiring one?
This dilemma crossed my mind today when l left my car at the garage and to while the time away, l did some shopping at a nearby supermarket.
Well, l got carried away buying stuff and walking back to the garage, the heavy plastic bags really cut into my hands.
It occurred to me, that a shopping trolley would have been wonderful but could l be seen with one?
Are they old lady chic or something you wouldn't be seen dead pushing?!!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 06:22 PM

Re: Does Pushing A Shopping Trolley, Ruin Your 'Street Cred'?

Ooooh...this could be interesting.....are my mental images of certain people going to be shattered?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 06:24 PM

Well I am not sure I ever had any 'street cred' , but if I did, I would rather lose it than injure myself trying to carry heavy shopping.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 06:25 PM

Yes, Artangel, get one by all means. It's practical and nobody gives a t--s anyway. I mean, it's not as if there are going to be groups of folk all down the street pointing and laughing at you, is it? People get on with their own lives and unless you're driving it around naked nobody will give two hoots.
Go on, go for it, live on the edge!

Wouldn't be seen dead with one myself though!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well I am not sure I ever had any 'street cred' , but if I did, I would rather lose it than injure myself trying to carry heavy shopping.
Twinks has got a trolley...Twinks has got a trolley
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 06:32 PM

I wonder if anyone will admit to having one and say what colour it is!! Or, if it's ....red tartan! They are the most popular!!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 06:33 PM

Been there, done that .... used to pull a shopping trolley home with the weekly shop every Friday night when I was a teenager.
It made me awfully good at arm wrestling the lads.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

10-07-2017, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Been there, done that .... used to pull a shopping trolley home with the weekly shop every Friday night when I was a teenager.
It made me awfully good at arm wrestling the lads.
Morti, You didn't say what colour it was? Or did you mean, it was a supermarket trolley?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 06:39 PM

I see no end of people, male and female, pulling or pushing trolleys. I used to have the push one, but the frame broke. Too many times of getting on/off buses stressed the metal! Not replaced it yet as too expensive.

I have two pull along ones. The small one gets taken down the allotment or for small amounts of shopping, and the handle handily pushes down into the frame. Then I have a big one, which gets used a lot.

Wouldn't be without them, honestly!
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 06:40 PM

I have a trolley driving licence valid for thirty minutes per supermarket visit. This means that Mrs Dobra gets frustrated at my driving and snatches the ruddy thing so she can finish the shopping.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top