Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
venator
London
venator is male  venator has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 08:46 PM

Advice of the heart needed

Rewind to early 1990s. I worked alongside a lady called Monica. We had an easy, sometimes mock-flirtatious, relationship. She was engaged to be married but we had the occasional (platonic) lunch or drink at the pub together and enjoyed each other's company.

Soon afterwards she married her beloved and a few months later moved away. I got married soon afterwards as well. Monica and I lost touch.

Fast forward to last year. My wife and I had been separated for 6 months and I happened to bump into Monica (at a motorway service station of all places!). It transpired that she too was single again.

We arranged to meet up for old times sake and had seen each other several times but nothing intimate.

Last week though, we found ourselves holding hands.

She told me she wants to go on seeing me, wants to be with me but is nervous about having another relationship in case things go wrong. Actually this is just what I was thinking as well.

We both feel a bit emotionally fragile (but not broken hearted) from our respective failed marriages.

She said (half) jokingly that she wished we hadn't met until, say, next year. We are still going to see each other but are not sure what to do.

Advice welcome!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 08:51 PM

Re: Advice of the heart needed

You're a long time dead.............go with your heart and forget common sense.....enjoy.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 08:54 PM

Carry on as you are if you are happy in each other's company.
What is there to change?

Time will tell you what to do.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 08:59 PM

Continue as you are for now ,meeting each other,perhaps you could take turns at staying at each others homes for a few days at a time, see how compatable you are living together, go away together for a few days
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 09:05 PM

Take. It. Very. Slowly.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 09:15 PM

Go for it but keep your head, don't get carried away with your heart.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 09:16 PM

By the way Venator, would this be the same lady you said about a couple of months or so back, the one you met at a business meeting, and you were concerned because she was younger than you?
If not, what happened to that one may I ask?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 09:17 PM

Have a look together at the previously failed relationships, and try not to recreate the past.
venator
London
venator is male  venator has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 09:53 PM

In response to Mups:

No, not the same and I didn't pursue.

You raise an interesting point because at that time I didn't think that anything was ever going to happen with Monica as she (Monica) had already said "just friends". Last week's happening has left me in a happy turmoil!
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by venator ->
Last week's happening has left me in a happy turmoil!
A nice place to be.

Go with the flow, don't move in yet.
Just see how it is in three-six months then reassess

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top