Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 01:00 PM

Rekindling old Friendships!

Recently to my surprise I was contacted by a man I knew 5 years ago just as a friend and he reminded me of all the good times we had then.
Out of the blue at that time he dropped me without any explanation, so I wondered what his motive was??
Actually I no longer seem to have much in common with him so I thanked him and made a excuse.

But sometimes I see a friend from years past. And, it is just like we were in contact yesterday and it is lovely to see them.

That is a sign of true friendship.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 01:08 PM

Re: Rekindling old Friendships!

Originally Posted by Azure ->
But sometimes I see a friend from years past. And, it is just like we were in contact yesterday and it is lovely to see them.

That is a sign of true friendship.
It's great when that happens isn't it I'm in contact with someone I worked with many years ago. We used to have such fun and when we 'met' up again on the internet, it was almost as if we were continuing the same conversation.

His Daughter in law, Angie Petty is running in the 800 meters in about 30 minutes ... BBC 1 (as I said on the 'exercise and fitness' section).
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 01:08 PM

I have a very, very good friend that I went to school with.

We don't see each other for a couple of years but when we do it's like we see each other every week....no awkward silence, nothing.

It's a great friendship...one I'm proud to be a part of.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
It's great when that happens isn't it I'm in contact with someone I worked with many years ago. We used to have such fun and when we 'met' up again on the internet, it was almost as if we were continuing the same conversation.

His Daughter in law, Angie Petty is running in the 800 meters in about 30 minutes ... BBC 1 (as I said on the 'exercise and fitness' section).
Yes Rachel, it is great.

Especially when they still recognize you from when you were years younger.

Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 01:30 PM

Yes Rachel, it is great.

Especially when they still recognize you from when you were years younger.

Yes
We've not met up again in real life but there are plenty of pics on FB etc.

We're both fatter (in those days we were like stick insects) and his hair's gone completely white!
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

09-07-2017, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I have a very, very good friend that I went to school with.

We don't see each other for a couple of years but when we do it's like we see each other every week....no awkward silence, nothing.

It's a great friendship...one I'm proud to be a part of.
The camaraderie in School friendships is really special and lasts a lifetime

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

09-07-2017, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Yes
We've not met up again in real life but there are plenty of pics on FB etc.

We're both fatter (in those days we were like stick insects) and his hair's gone completely white!
It is true, we all change as we age some more than others.
I still see my old friends as they were when young, as their personality the same.

Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

09-07-2017, 04:22 PM

The camaraderie in School friendships is really special and lasts a lifetime

Hmmmmm don't think I'd want to meet anyone I was at school with. Camaraderie? not sure there was much of that going on.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 04:30 PM

When l see old friends/people l knew from school or where l lived. l feel like they are my family and they fill me with such joy!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 04:36 PM

Some people are like that. Not met for years-and I mean over 30 years. Then you meet-aha both have less hair and a rather larger waist but their voice,their smile.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top