Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2017, 07:43 PM

So True from another site

Copied from another site

IRONIC HUMOUR sadly based in truth...

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since
his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:

Knowing when to come in out of the rain
Why the early bird gets the worm
Life isn't always fair
and maybe it was my fault
Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge). His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.
It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an Aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realise that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death, by his parents, Truth and Trust, by his wife, Discretion, by his daughter, Responsibility, and by his son, Reason.

He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers:

I Know My Rights
I Want It Now
Someone Else Is To Blame
I'm A Victim
Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2017, 08:00 PM

Re: So True from another site

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2017, 08:34 PM

Same here
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2017, 09:13 PM

And me.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2017, 10:51 PM

and me
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 06:13 AM

Of course it is total nonsense but its broad statements and generalisations appeal to the feeble minded.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 10:58 AM

The obvious loss of common sense these days is, in my opinion, at least partly as a result of successive governments putting in place 'guidelines' to 'encourage' us to behave correctly.

Before that time, people didn't really need telling the difference between right and wrong. Sadly, that isn't the case these days.

But which came first, I wonder?

Did people lose common sense before the government began to impose the necessary rules?

Or did people lose common sense as a result of the government's imposition of rules as common sense became surplus to requirements?

Whichever is the case, I have seen at first hand the changes described over my lifetime.

Or is it because I am 'feeble minded'?
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Of course it is total nonsense but its broad statements and generalisations appeal to the feeble minded.
Tut, Tut.
I think the OP is brilliant and true.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Tut, Tut.
I think the OP is brilliant and true.
That proves what I said I suppose.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 07:06 AM

Anyway Bruce, been watching Ray Mears walking around the Outback, it looks like good fun.......

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top