Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 12:18 AM

Hugs

How important are they to you?

Personally, I've always been partial to 'em.
I used to think that's why we were given arms in the first place. but there again, I've always been a tactile person.

Do you get a hug a day - or have you not had one for yonks?

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 12:38 AM

Re: Hugs

Hugs are great and I do a lot of hugging. I always hug people when we meet or say goodbye. There isn't enough hugging in the world. I even know a tree-hugger who says hugging trees makes him feel good, although when I've tried it myself I feel pretty silly..
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 12:56 AM

No I don't get a hug every day but I always hug my granddaughter when I see her and I hug my friends when we meet up

Here's a hug for Mups x
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 02:54 AM

Hi

I could do with a serious hug at the moment.

Life is not good.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 05:15 AM

I love hugs, as does my family. It's funny, but I can almost feel a sort of battery level top-up when I hug someone, if you can figure out what I mean!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I could do with a serious hug at the moment.

Life is not good.
Sorry to hear that Swims .

TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 07:12 AM

I'm not a huge fan of hugs unless it's people I know really well, that absolutely excludes wasbands! I don't like my personal space invaded.

I don't mind virtual ones though!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 07:14 AM

hmmm A bit like TessA Im not keen unless I know the person well ...

Dogs on the other hand... I love doggy hugs and I dont mind them any time..
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 07:22 AM

I think the sense of touch is so important .
To feel another living being we are not islands .
And that of course if the reason why dogs are so popular .
They give love unconditionally
They don't care if you are fat or thin or old or ugly rich or poor
They just love .
We humans are not so warm and fuzzy .
Like our primate cousins the chimpanzees we can give hugs and be tactile but we are a difficult awkward species more inclined to murder than hugs .
The probable reason why hugs are not easily forthcoming !
My friend a former beauty therapist used to loved giving massages to elderly people .
She is a very kind person and says some older people never have anyone to hug or touch them .
How sad is that .
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 07:58 AM

I give and get hugs every day.

I hug my mum and my son lives with me....he was brought up to wear his heart on his sleeve and to show his feelings.

So, he hugs me everyday before he goes out and when he returns.....along with those 3 words......"Can I borrow"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top