Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 08:54 PM

baby Charlie Gates

Are the parents of baby Charlie Gates being fair to him? I feel terribly sorry for them but isnt it time now to accept what they have been told and let him go.? I do not understand why the Hospital wont let them take him to America,but there must be a reason,they have kept him alive all these months ,they cant go on indefinitely and must have a reason for not letting him go
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 09:00 PM

Re: baby Charlie Gates

It must be extremely hard for a parent to let their baby die, and they will explore every possibility of keeping them alive.

I think if the hospital has done all it can and there is absolutely no hope, then they should accept that, and let him go. A very sad situation.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 09:27 PM

Of course it's hard, it's utterly heartbreaking for the parents and their families...

But I loathe the way this case has been twisted and sentimentalised by the media who have latched onto every word said by these young parents.
"We promised him we'd take him home", "We want to let him sleep in his own little cot" etc. etc.

With the best will in the world this is nonsense; the child is massively brain damaged, cannot see, cannot hear, cannot swallow, has no movement and is quite possibly in pain.
Quality of life is zero.

My heart bleeds, but I wish to god he'd died naturally soon after birth, in my opinion this would've been the best and kindest outcome all round.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 09:43 PM

It's a terribly tragic affair. From what I've heard or read the debate is about how much suffering he will be caused by pursuing the proposed treatment. Despite the suffering the treatment will have little or maybe no impact on his condition. Great Ormond street deals with such cases every day so they know when to give up.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 10:05 PM

If there has ever been a case where doctors should have done nothing this is it.

They take an oath to do no harm yet look at the harm they are causing by prolonging this life , to Charlie his parents grandparents etc etc.. Sometimes doing nothing is the kindest thing.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Of course it's hard, it's utterly heartbreaking for the parents and their families...

But I loathe the way this case has been twisted and sentimentalised by the media who have latched onto every word said by these young parents.
"We promised him we'd take him home", "We want to let him sleep in his own little cot" etc. etc.

With the best will in the world this is nonsense; the child is massively brain damaged, cannot see, cannot hear, cannot swallow, has no movement and is quite possibly in pain.
Quality of life is zero.

My heart bleeds, but I wish to god he'd died naturally soon after birth, in my opinion this would've been the best and kindest outcome all round.

Good post ruthio, and I agree with you.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 11:03 PM

Donald Trump has offered to help them, not sure what he can do though.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 11:26 PM

Donald Trump cannot overrule the British court or ECHR, he can do nothing but cause more anguish.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Donald Trump cannot overrule the British court or ECHR, he can do nothing but cause more anguish.

I did think much the same Cinders.

Is he giving the parents false hope?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 11:38 PM

The Pope also wanted to move the child to the Vatican and keep life support switched on until he dies naturally.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top