Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 11:05 PM

Where's your Spiritual home?

Do you have a special place in your heart/soul.
Is it where you where born, a holiday place, or is it where you live. somewhere that is special to you for whatever reason.

Mine is Glastonbury and I hope to visit this year. Its on my list of things to do. I know it's a bit of a cliché but the place is special to me. I went for the first time with a group of people from a meditation group. On the first morning the leader of the group showed me St Margaret's Chapel, its a long story and people will probably laugh at me, but the end of the story was I saw a note in the chapel as if it had been left there just for me, to help me make an important decision. I'm not saying it was a message from God, as its a Goddess who watches over me anyway.
I've been back there 3 times since but I need to go again soon to charge my spiritual batteries, I'm not talking religion here either. Probably sounds mad to you.
http://stmargaretschapel.org.uk/chapel/

Also while there I like to visit Chalice Well and get some of the well water in and on me.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 11:10 PM

Re: Where's your Spiritual home?

No, it's easy to be cleansed with confusion, but, maybe not.
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
No, it's easy to be cleansed with confusion, but, maybe not.

Philistine! Spitty
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 11:20 PM

Good for you MC. I can understand what you mean, but for me it was always Cornwall. I stayed there quite a few times many years ago, and right from the start I felt I belonged there. I mean that seriously. It was like going home, like I'd been there before.

Sadly I haven't been able to go for many years now, probably won't anymore, but I would have moved there like a shot had the right property come up.

What you said about finding that note etc. I can also understand.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 11:22 PM

My last house was my spiritual home.

A property built by my own hands on land left to me by my grandmother...a garden to die for that lead down to a lake.I loved that home.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
My last house was my spiritual home.

A property built by my own hands on land left to me by my grandmother...a garden to die for that lead down to a lake.I loved that home.

Do you ever regret leaving it Tpin?
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 11:27 PM

MC,
I understand fully your thinking. My spiritiual director for over 20 years was a Benedictine priest.
He died 2 years ago after a dreadful 3 years with dementure.
He became a shadow, no less than a shadow, of his vital, sharp, intelligent, caring self.

I wonder what point could there have been in the great scheme of things to destroy this man?

Sorry to be a grump, I celebrate with you having such an important realisation of the value of a spiritual home
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 11:28 PM

Nope ... not found it so far but as a teenager, on hols with parents in Brixham, Devon, I was convinced that this was the only place where I felt 'whole'.

Teenage angst I guess dunno.

Before that, as a child, I was very happy in the Colyton area of Devon (a few more great holidays).

Late teens ... South Wales.

When I began researching my family history, some 10 years ago, I had the romantic idea that one day, if we visited some of the places my ancestors hailed from, I might suddenly feel something amazing! lol

Nah ... nuffink
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Do you ever regret leaving it Tpin?
Absolutely....every day of the week I regret it and feel anger towards those that forced the sale(wife's lawyers).

Edited....photo removed to protect the innocent
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

29-06-2017, 11:32 PM

Gosh Tpin, that is lovely. No wonder you didn't want to leave.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top