Join for free
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2017, 10:08 PM

Accountability

This seems to be the subject of the day, will the fear of this, stop folks going into the profession of Accountancy?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2017, 10:10 PM

Re: Accountability

I used to work in an Accounts office many years ago
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2017, 10:10 PM

only if they lack accountability, in which case they should not be going into the profession, they should become politicians instead!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2017, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
This seems to be the subject of the day, will the fear of this, stop folks going into the profession of Accountancy?
I'm sure it wont.....it's a numbers game.

If an accountant is on his final warning could his days be numbered?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2017, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I'm sure it wont.....it's a numbers game.

If an accountant is on his final warning could his days be numbered?
The accountant should 'cheque' all his figures first
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 10:56 AM

I was working self employed once and out of the blue I received a letter from the tax office saying I was under investigation. When I spoke to my accountant she admitted that the tax office had written to her asking questions about my accounts which she had just not replied to or informed me.
In the end I had to find another accountant who went through my books and attended the tax office with me for an under caution taped interview.
It all worked out ok and the tax officer told me that if she had just replied to them rather than ignoring the letter it could all have been avoided.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I was working self employed once and out of the blue I received a letter from the tax office saying I was under investigation. When I spoke to my accountant she admitted that the tax office had written to her asking questions about my accounts which she had just not replied to or informed me.
In the end I had to find another accountant who went through my books and attended the tax office with me for an under caution taped interview.
It all worked out ok and the tax officer told me that if she had just replied to them rather than ignoring the letter it could all have been avoided.
You were lucky there ! Doesn't bare thinking about what could have happened. And you pay for that advice too !
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
The fear of rolling heads would account for the lack of accountability these days.
Plenty of vacancies for scapegoats out there, good money in it if you want to be relocated and start a new life in the back of beyond or the far side of the Moon, bring back the stocks I say..

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top