Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2017, 02:06 PM

Life's picking up for me

I had good news yesterday.
I've been doing the finger prick blood glucose tests at home up to eight times a day, my finger tips are like pin cushions.

Pre breakfast test, make list of breakfast, 2 hours later test, and like that throughout the day for each meal.

I saw the diabetic nurse yesterday and she was over the moon with me as although results still a little high, I have halved my blood glucose levels and have even got results of single figures. I have to aim for 4 before food and 9 after.
She said she was fully expecting yesterday to tell me I need to start injecting insulin and she was gob smacked, that's a medical term nurses use.
So if i can do another month and reduce further, I just need to buy food, throw it away and eat the packaging instead, I might not have to inject, which was worrying me. A big THANK YOU to those who replied to my diabetes thread their help was fantastic.

Plus, I joined a website to find penpals by email, and a nice lady from the Ukraine has started emailing me.
She actually lives in England and is recently widowed and warned me her English is not good, but its better than she thinks.
She seems really nice, and we were talking about gardening last night.
I have to admit I have isolated myself totally over the past 3 years because of illness but talking to people online here and this Lady by email is bringing me out of my shell. Next thing is to open the window blinds and maybe venture outside for other than just medical appointments or to buy food.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2017, 02:12 PM

Re: Life's picking up for me

What wonderful news MC. I'm really pleased for you.
A problem shared is a problem halved, so it is nice that you have found a lovely penpal to share things with. Keep up the good work, and keep posting on here, they are a great bunch and will always cheer you up.
xx
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2017, 02:32 PM

That is good to hear MC, well done!

Sometimes it is good to talk to others, who are in the know, about health problems ( or anything else for that matter). If you have nobody at home to discuss it with, another persons opinion often helps.
I can't begin to remember how many people have received help, on here, by just asking a simple question. At our age we must have gathered some worthwhile information.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2017, 02:36 PM

Good news indeed MC...Onwards and Upwards
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2017, 02:54 PM

Great news very happy for you. Onwards and upwards now.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2017, 06:14 PM

That's great news.

Have you looked at the diabetes.co.uk website for info/advice? They have a forum.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2017, 06:17 PM

Really pleased for you MC.

If us lot can't bring you out, nobody can.

Good luck with the lady friend too.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2017, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
That's great news.

Have you looked at the diabetes.co.uk website for info/advice? They have a forum.
They also have a Low-Carb programme designed for Type 2 where you can record and keep tabs on what you're eating, video presentations on diet and a lifestyle section where you can learn about the different sugars.

Could be worth a look for you.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/lowcarb/
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 11:52 AM

Spoke too soon. My Ukrainian friend asked me about my home etc.
So being honest I told her all about myself, small 1 bed bungalow, tiny garden.
The two emails a day from have suddenly stopped.
I'd even gone on a website to translate how to write hello and how are you in Russian.
Feel an idiot now
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 12:23 PM

Aww,that's a shame MC...do You think He/she was a scammer?...or maybe Your new Friend is busy doing other things...Never mind..keep on posting on here and You'll soon make Friends

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top