Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2017, 12:19 PM

A bit of praise for two young Yorkshire men

The window fitters, they turned up on time, two very cheerful young men originally from Yorkshire, who work for the company we are using.

They set too taking the old windows out, covered everything with dust sheets in the kitchen and bedroom where the windows are being replaced, I hadn't thought of that, I know nothing about window replacement. The dust from the stone cutter was incredible, no prizes for guessing who will be cleaning all day tomorrow.

They are still working as I type this, but they are doing a brilliant job, they are bright and cheerful and hard working.
We will definitely be telling their boss that they have done an excellent job, and it wasn't an easy one. The old windows were the original ones from when the house was built, wooden and the last two in the old original part of the house.

I just thought I would mention them and the company they work for, which is British, as in the past we, and many others too, have been taken for real rides by some of the British who work here.

No wonder this company is always busy, they actually keep their word, are honest about waiting time, turn up when they say they will and do a good job.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2017, 01:15 PM

Re: A bit of praise for two young Yorkshire men

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together, great to hear it's going so well for you.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2017, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Don't you just love it when a plan comes together, great to hear it's going so well for you.
Praise where it's due Barry. These two young men have been pleasant to have around, they've done an excellent job and they really do deserve some praise. Their boss will be getting a good report about them from us.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2017, 03:31 PM

That's lovely to hear far too many people quick to complain but in my experience you can't beat our young workers, they are really good.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2017, 07:52 PM

Good on them Clumsy. They must be good to ensure they have covered everything with their dustsheets. They seem the sort of young men who tidy up after a job and don't just leave it for the homeowner to clear up after them.
I hope you are looking after them with countless cuppas, especially as they are two hard workers. Sounds as though they deserve cake and biccies too.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2017, 08:54 PM

I wouldn't expect anything less from a couple of Yorkshire lads Clumsy.....
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2017, 09:13 PM

I hope you let them have a swim afterwards
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2017, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I wouldn't expect anything less from a couple of Yorkshire lads Clumsy.....

Seconded.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

28-06-2017, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Good on them Clumsy. They must be good to ensure they have covered everything with their dustsheets. They seem the sort of young men who tidy up after a job and don't just leave it for the homeowner to clear up after them.
I hope you are looking after them with countless cuppas, especially as they are two hard workers. Sounds as though they deserve cake and biccies too.
Definitely Shropshire girl, I made them sandwiches for lunch, cake too. They were definitely two hard working pleasant young men and I will be letting their employer know that too.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

28-06-2017, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I hope you let them have a swim afterwards
We told them to feel free to use the pool whenever they felt they needed a break. It must have been really difficult working so hard in 33C, and they really did work hard. When they left they thanked us for the drinks and food and said they wished they had more customers like us, which was very nice of them.

Funnily enough we have just had some unexpected visitors from Sweden tonight. They were impressed with the windows and the workmanship and tomorrow they are off to order replacement windows for their house here, from the same company

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top