Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 09:01 AM

Bankless banks

My local bank is a beautiful old building full of wood and seven tellers windows .
Unfortunately only one is in use now and basically banks do very little for us now everything is on line .
I find this worrying soon there will be no banks and we have to DIY everything .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 09:10 AM

Re: Bankless banks

I agree Muddy. We can still do some banking through post office counters, but more and more post offices are closing down too. We can withdraw but not pay in or transfer money between accounts there.

Round here they are putting post offices in high street shops now. We have one in a chemist shop and one in a grocers.
I don't know how people without computers at home will manage if more banks close as well.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 09:20 AM

At our bank unless you really have to see a teller they encourage you to use the wall machines i.e to deposit money and cheques to go into your account.

Mostly this is alright but sometimes we just say no we will wait.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
At our bank unless you really have to see a teller they encourage you to use the wall machines i.e to deposit money and cheques to go into your account.

Mostly this is alright but sometimes we just say no we will wait.

They do the same at my bank too Shirley. When ever there is a queue building up for counter staff, someone goes along the queue suggesting we use the machines.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 09:56 AM

I was trying to remember last time I went into a bank, I think it was to get our flat deeds back after we paid off mortgage. I don't think I'd actually miss them, but I know they would be a problem for others.

Most around here are pretty hideous built in the 60s and 70s, so no big loss.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 10:03 AM

There was a report on TV this morning that it is now 50 years since the first ATM or hole-in-the-wall machine opened
The report showed how they're becoming more sophisticated and making it more likely that traditional bank branches will close

And yes, whenever I go into my branch I am hassled to use the various machines

I commented to the manager in my local branch that if it closed I would transfer my account to another bank; that didn't seem to go down very well
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 10:16 AM

Has anyone used ATM which plays adverts before allowing you access? You can't skip it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 10:21 AM

People are too expensive to keep nowadays so you'd better get used to doing business with a machine......This is the future.....
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 10:56 AM

I've never used an ATM. I don't trust them, (in case they have been 'tampered' with.) I prefer to speak to a teller.
Sometimes there are bigger queues waiting to use the ATM outside, than inside the bank.
Warro
UK
Warro is female 

28-06-2017, 02:40 PM

I prefer to bank on-line.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top