Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 09:15 AM

F.A.O. MickB

Hi,

As you are a fan of 'The Highwaymen' I wondered if you knew they had made a film together. It is a remake of the classic 'Stagecoach'.

I do not usually like remakes but when I saw this one I bought it just because of the cast. I was expecting it to be rubbish - four aging singers indulging themselves and having fun playing cowboys and indians - nothing more. I was wrong - it is a really good film!

Released in 1986m - Cash is the sheriff, Nelson the drunken doctor, Kristofferon is Ringo and Jennings is Hatfield the gambler. Cash's wife and son have cameo roles at one of the posts where they change horses, others include Anthony Newley, Mary Crosby and David Alan Coe.

It is worth a look if you can find it anywhere !
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 01:44 PM

Re: F.A.O. MickB

Thanks Tabby - I'll definitely have to get hold of that - sounds great!!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 05:14 PM

Had a look on Amazon for you - the only one they have is a Region 1 at £75.

Ebay have this one - also Region 1 but a lot cheaper !

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Stagecoach-...-UK/1236747225
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2017, 08:05 AM

Thanks

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top