Join for free
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 01:33 PM

Grenfell Tower + where to donate money?

I feel sure there will be enough clothing donated but which organisation should we trust with donations of money?

There are a couple of charities mentioned on Facebook, but having looked at the reviews ... hmmmmmm ... it would seem that admin costs are, as usual, fairly high.

Any ideas ?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 01:55 PM

Re: Grenfell Tower + where to donate money?

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
I feel sure there will be enough clothing donated but which organisation should we trust with donations of money?

There are a couple of charities mentioned on Facebook, but having looked at the reviews ... hmmmmmm ... it would seem that admin costs are, as usual, fairly high.

Any ideas ?
They mentioned this morning that there were several places, all offering help to people of different religions, but this isn't about religion it is about life . I know that local people will be dealing with immediate needs, but maybe it is too early for anybody to have organized a national charity for all who suffered. Perhaps the news programmes, tomorrow, will give details of where help should be sent.
How sad that so many recent charity contributions are being used for funerals.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 02:42 PM

These are the two mentioned

https://www.gofundme.com/grenfell-tower-fire-fund

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfund...term=7MARwgVwk

If you look at the reviews, they do not score well at all
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
These are the two mentioned

https://www.gofundme.com/grenfell-tower-fire-fund

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfund...term=7MARwgVwk

If you look at the reviews, they do not score well at all
I would wait a couple of days before you contribute. The usual Breakfast news programmes often give numbers for contributions....and they won't want to be involved in anything that seems unfair.
I doubt any survivors will go without food or shelter, or even clothing, at the moment but they will need money when they are found new accommodation and need basic items to be able to live there. These people have lost everything so may need help over a longer term, than the poor souls who were in the terrorist attacks.
Thank god this is a country that cares enough to help!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

14-06-2017, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I would wait a couple of days before you contribute. The usual Breakfast news programmes often give numbers for contributions....and they won't want to be involved in anything that seems unfair.
I doubt any survivors will go without food or shelter, or even clothing, at the moment but they will need money when they are found new accommodation and need basic items to be able to live there. These people have lost everything so may need help over a longer term, than the poor souls who were in the terrorist attacks.
Thank god this is a country that cares enough to help!

I have no intention of 'jumping in' and, witlessly, contributing to someone's holiday fund

As I said before, there will be the donation of clothes and material goods in abundance.
There are so many wonderful people in all communities, desperate to help.

Members of my local FB group are donating clothes, cosmetics, toiletries etc.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
They mentioned this morning that there were several places, all offering help to people of different religions, but this isn't about religion it is about life . I know that local people will be dealing with immediate needs, but maybe it is too early for anybody to have organized a national charity for all who suffered. Perhaps the news programmes, tomorrow, will give details of where help should be sent.
How sad that so many recent charity contributions are being used for funerals.
As you say Twink, what moron mentioned religion? Can't they give religion a rest for a while until things have been sorted out.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2017, 06:44 PM

I imagine the banks and some supermarkets will have collection boxes and probably a way you can donate using mobile phones. There usually are those things when dreadful things happen.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top