Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 07:39 AM

Jealousy

Hi

Why are so many so jealous of others?

In particular those who go out on a limb to make a success of life?

I really do not get it.

Without them there would be less jobs

Two locals have recently branched out on their own, completely self made, years of working hard and scrimping and saving, they saved to enough money to rent a small industrial unit and buy the equipment they needed.

They are going great guns, just taken on two workers.

The backstabbing is terrible, lucky gits, they have fallen on their feet etc etc.

This from those they worked with and had no ambition at all and who spent their wages every week.

It seems to be the British Disease.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 07:46 AM

Re: Jealousy

Success is a bit of an emotive word, most folk do not know enough about others situations to evoke any form of emotion.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 07:57 AM

Dog in a manger is endemic in GB. The Yanks (although brash at times) like success. Whining about Brexit deals and sitting on hands another negative aspect, while entrepreneurs are already doing deals and expanding business.. I have known two millionaires (now dead) who started with little and built businesses through dedication, work ethic and greaat people skills.

I worked as an independent consultant for nigh on twenty years in Europe and clients in Asia and the US. I didn't whinge when times were less rewarding, but got on the phone and off my bum.
Agree SF
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 08:26 AM

I think people are only jealous of others if they aren't satisfied with their own lives.

Personally I'm not jealous of anybody.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I think people are only jealous of others if they aren't satisfied with their own lives.

Personally I'm not jealous of anybody.

I feel much the same as you, Carol.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 08:59 AM

I think the problem is many don't have the opportunities some do and I include the right sort of character in that statement too, they aren't able to do what some others do. It's no excuse for being jealous but it's a reason.

No matter what anyone says about anyone can do anything that's not true if you haven't been raised to believe in yourself.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 09:24 AM

I've great admiration for self made people and wish them well. What I don't like is people who say I did this my self , I'm self made etc etc , when you know they have inherited or been greatly helped by the family business . My brother is self made , started off driving trucks to Europe for his company worked days away from home , saved every penny and eventually became part of the company and eventually bought it . Became a very rich man and retired at 45 . Just a normal bloke who grafted and did well . ( tight so as so never given me any )

Good luck to your friends swim
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 09:26 AM

Good point, I have even more admiration if they help others get a leg up on the ladder too.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 09:34 AM

I'm jealous of women who have loving partners to spend their autumn years with...

...until I remember the snoring amd smelly feet!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2017, 09:46 AM

I have a few friends who have done very well for themselves in life I suppose many people might say they were lucky and it's true luck does play a part in any business venture. It's funny though because they all say th harder they worked the luckier they got

I have nothing but admiration for successful people.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top