Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 05:15 PM

how I took this picture

This is how I did it with my panasonic HC-X900M camcorder

Sometimes little legs are best.
You don't see many of how it was done, so thought I would post how I did the top picture
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 06:42 PM

Re: how I took this picture

What camera is that Realspeed?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
What camera is that Realspeed?
It is a Panasonic HC-X900M camcorder. I have had it for about 4/5 years or more and now been replaced with newer models which i don't like.
Why?
This one I have as an internal memory storage of 35GB @ 16 mp and also takes an SD memory card. It also has a switch so you can record video or stills to either memory in any order plus viewing. new ones only record to SD cards for both stills and video.
The build also is more substantial the weight alone tells you this. In fast stills it can do up to 50 frames a second I believe , never tried it.
You have seen the quality of the stills side but just look at what the video side can do. ( watch until end )

On the NIle (hand held)

And that is in the evening, try doing a zoom like that with a DSLR camera.

Panasonic do have a reputation for good quality video reproduction and I would full agree with it

It also takes a 3D adapter if that is the kind of photography one wants to take.

That camcorder has been several times to Brazil let alone Argentina- Paraguay- Egypt - 2 med cruises and a baltic cruise let alone in this country.
Why say this ? because he only problem I have had with it was the view/stills/video switch failed this year so had to have it replaced. Not a bad record for the amount of use it has had. and now as good a new.

What has changed with new models is they have substituted duel memory for wi fi which I don't want and the body is a lot lighter so build quality ???

If thinking about getting one they are now hard to come by
. The HCX900 is a different animal so don't confuse the two

Another advantage is it has unlimited video recording time, depending on battery and memory card. A DSLR video is restricted to a recording time limit.

When I was in Egypt I kept it in my trouser pocket when not using it to stop thieves stealing it, a high risk area
Mister_Oy
NW UK
Mister_Oy is male  Mister_Oy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 09:15 PM

Interesting stuff.

For continuous video (events etc) I use a Canon XA20.

I use the DSLR vide more for film making. Much more flexible and creative with interchangeable lenses etc. The (on my D800) 12min clip limit is no problem for this use. When did you last see a film with a single shot length more than about 30seconds?

A few questions...

1. Why use a video camera to take a still photo?

2. The actual photo - I think I'd have removed the netting.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

11-06-2017, 09:33 PM

1 because I can
2 you want the flack from er indoors
My turn, why use a DSLR camera for videos
Mister_Oy
NW UK
Mister_Oy is male  Mister_Oy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 09:47 PM

LOL

As I said above...

I use the DSLR video more for film making. Much more flexible and creative with interchangeable lenses etc. The (on my D800) 12min clip limit is no problem for this use. When did you last see a film with a single shot length more than about 30seconds?

It's pretty much impossible to get very shallow depth of field from a fixed lens camcorder. i.e the ability to throw the background out of focus. Even at its widest aperture the depth of field will be quite large compared to a DSLR with it's larger sensor and say an 85mm F/1.4 lens.

Also - the image quality and low light capability off a full frame DSLR sensor is vastly superior.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

12-06-2017, 12:46 AM

Well there you go then

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top