Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 06:30 PM

Sense of direction.

Sense of direction. How does one acquire this?

Are we born with it?
Is it something we inherit?
Is it a skill we learn?
Or is it just a natural 'gift' to some clever clogs?

I'm not talking about SatNavs and map reading, I mean just a natural sense of direction.
Why do some people have it and others don't?

If we don't have it, and never have, are we totally beyond help, or can it be learned?

Have you got it?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 06:38 PM

Re: Sense of direction.

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Sense of direction. How does one acquire this?

Are we born with it?
Is it something we inherit?
Is it a skill we learn?
Or is it just a natural 'gift' to some clever clogs?

I'm not talking about SatNavs and map reading, I mean just a natural sense of direction.
Why do some people have it and others don't?

If we don't have it, and never have, are we totally beyond help, or can it be learned?
My sense of direction is absolutely rubbish! I cannot remember how many broom cupboards, kitchens I have encountered after getting lost in hotels and pubs!!
Getting lost once on the way home from Cornwall in the early hours and dense fog, l ended up going down a slip road in the wrong direction! Only, that l immediately realised and it was 2am in the morning, that me and my children are still alive today!!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 06:39 PM

Mups if you haven't got it just learn how to put on the "little girl lost" expression when you see a gentleman.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 06:40 PM

Do you mean direction as in direction in life ?
I never really had it and it's too late now .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 06:46 PM

It happened again this very day Twink.
I think it is all an evil plot.
I think gremlins go out and alter road signs once I have gone through, because they never look familiar upon my return. Places I thought I knew have vanished, and there is never a soul around to ask. Where do they go?

I liken it to climbing a tree, but it is never so easy when you have to turn and come down again. All the foot holes have gone and the branches are in different places.

I can't imagine I will ever get any better now either.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
It happened again this very day Twink.
I think it is all an evil plot.
I think gremlins go out and alter road signs once I have gone through, because they never look familiar upon my return. Places I thought I knew have vanished, and there is never a soul around to ask. Where do they go?

I liken it to climbing a tree, but it is never so easy when you have to turn and come down again. All the foot holes have gone and the branches are in different places.

I can't imagine I will ever get any better now either.
If you ever come to visit I will put a huge beacon in my garden.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 06:51 PM

It would be much easier if everywhere was in a straight line
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

10-06-2017, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
It would be much easier if everywhere was in a straight line
That is it Mags, we will all ask the government if you can become Transport Minister.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
That is it Mags, we will all ask the government if you can become Transport Minister.
I blame the people who draw maps, none of them can draw a straight line
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

10-06-2017, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I blame the people who draw maps, none of them can draw a straight line
You are so right, if it isn't sorted soon, one day we could lose our Mups and not know where she is.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top