Join for free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 12:06 PM

Designer Dogs

I heard an item today about these so called 'designer dogs', apparently cross breeding the animals in this way does not give them good health. Some of those ghastly small dogs are certainly not how nature intended, imo.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 12:09 PM

Re: Designer Dogs

The important thing is to buy them from a good breeder. What's ghastly about small dogs anyway?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 12:10 PM

I feel sorry for some breeds I see, it makes me think of a scenario where, all of a sudden, all Humans are removed from the surface of this Planet, how would some of these interbred and tiny breeds survive in the wild.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The important thing is to buy them from a good breeder. What's ghastly about small dogs anyway?
I can't stand those yappy little excuses for a dog, they are like kid's toys! YUCK!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 12:15 PM

IMO, one of the worst bred dogs is the Bulldog, they have all sorts of problems with their breathing but they are not classed as designer.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

08-06-2017, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I feel sorry for some breeds I see, it makes me think of a scenario where, all of a sudden, all Humans are removed from the surface of this Planet, how would some of these interbred and tiny breeds survive in the wild.
Agreed they would never have survived. What is even more awful is the way some idiots treat them like humans and dressed them up, that is wrong and cruel, imo.

We have had several dogs in our time, we treated them as they should be treated, not as humans.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

08-06-2017, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Agreed they would never have survived. What is even more awful is the way some idiots treat them like humans and dressed them up, that is wrong and cruel, imo.

We have had several dogs in our time, we treated them as they should be treated, not as humans.
I don't think animals should be treated like humans but I do think they should be treated with respect.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

08-06-2017, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I don't think animals should be treated like humans but I do think they should be treated with respect.
Respect for the species they are.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 12:41 PM

Love my tinies, I have a feeling designer dogs though will eventually cause a lot of pure bred breeds to die out.

When we were looking for our Betty the number of chihuahua pups was much smaller than we expected but crossed with jack Russels there were hundreds.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

08-06-2017, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Respect for the species they are.
Respect as in how you would treat any living creature.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top