Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 09:37 AM

20 minutes until my appointment

With the hairdresser and I'm almost as nervous as when I visit the dentist.

I know my hairdresser I've been going to her for years and she is really nice but I still dread going.. Why?

I don't like going to the doctor or dentist either and I've only ever been to a beauty salon once and I didn't enjoy that either.

Am I weird? I really don't like being fussed, it suffocates me.
Yet I can spend hours stroking/grooming/fussing the dog!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 09:43 AM

Re: 20 minutes until my appointment

If the hairdresser was a good looking young virile naked man I think you might change your mind

Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
If the hairdresser was a good looking young virile naked man I think you might change your mind

I live in Holland , any idea what the chance of that is???? zero zilch nada the guys here go from puppy fat to beer fat they are nice people but just nah...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 09:47 AM

I feel for you cass my dread of hairdresser has got so bad I don't go any more, I shove scissors in my husbands hand and say lop it off at the back ! Oddly it's best hair cuts I've ever had !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 09:48 AM

I love all the pampering. I struggle to stay awake if anyone touches my hair.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->

I know my hairdresser I've been going to her for years and she is really nice but I still dread going.. Why?

I don't like going to the doctor or dentist either and I've only ever been to a beauty salon once and I didn't enjoy that either.

Glad to meet someone just like me ! Been going to my hairdresser for 20 years and it's a complete ordeal . Been going to the same dentist for 37 years and that also is an ordeal . This is just going to get a while lot worse as he's retiring this year and I'll need to get another dentist .
Worst of all is going to the Doctor and especially if a hospital visit is involved . Which is a bit weird considering I was nurse for over 30 years .

Was given a voucher for a massage at a beauty salon once and I didn't go as I couldn't stand the thought of it .

Like you I don't like being fussed but I will happily stoke and cuddle my 4 dogs anytime .
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 10:07 AM

I got one of these ...

Just need a decent vacuum cleaner.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 10:33 AM

I hate having my hair cut , it is as bad as the dentist for me.
I could never go for a massage I don't like strangers in my personal space
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->

Wow now that is a bit strange, many people really enjoy having their hair done.

These days I do my own hair with the clippers as I like it very short.
Cass
NL

08-06-2017, 10:39 AM

Wow I never realised there were other ladies just like me who don't like being fussed everywhere I go people run on about how lovely it's been to go the beauty salon or the sauna or a day of pampering and it just makes me shiver. Anyway my hair is nice and short again now so I won't have to go through this ordeal again for at least a couple of months !

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top