Join for free
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 12:09 AM

Caveat emptor

Before purchasing any goods household or personal, including books. or articles promising to alter your life, health, hair weight, on-line or off, It is a good idea to research all the reviews before buying the goods. Tele Shopping a case in point, can be misleading as the presenters are sometimes actors who never use the product.

You will be surprised with the negative reviews, as one lady said about the Miracle Face Cream guaranteed to make you look ten year younger!! “You will get better results using Duck Fat on your skin”.
You also have to sign up to take a delivery every month or two, @ £50 £600 or £70
and innumerable gadgets that do not work. And.. it is difficult to get a refund sometimes, especially form USA Companies who have your bank details.

Amazon are very good at giving immediate refunds, and most goods are available on Amazon UK .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 09:32 AM

Re: Caveat emptor

I never believe anything claimed in adverts and I can't imagine Holly Willoughby standing over the bath dying her hair. Hmm..... perhaps I can
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 09:55 AM

I agree azure, reviews are great but I also take a look at whether they are fair. I've seen people write badly about things they clearly never read the description before buying. Also I've written about my vet yesterday the reviews were unfair IMO
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I agree azure, reviews are great but I also take a look at whether they are fair. I've seen people write badly about things they clearly never read the description before buying. Also I've written about my vet yesterday the reviews were unfair IMO
I agree that reviews are not always helpful, like the reviews on a Hotel I was thinking of staying at; The reviewer dropped a star because the TV standby light was green instead of red.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Before purchasing any goods household or personal, including books. or articles promising to alter your life, health, hair weight, on-line or off, It is a good idea to research all the reviews before buying the goods. Tele Shopping a case in point, can be misleading as the presenters are sometimes actors who never use the product.

You will be surprised with the negative reviews, as one lady said about the Miracle Face Cream guaranteed to make you look ten year younger!! “You will get better results using Duck Fat on your skin”.
You also have to sign up to take a delivery every month or two, @ £50 £600 or £70
and innumerable gadgets that do not work. And.. it is difficult to get a refund sometimes, especially form USA Companies who have your bank details.

Amazon are very good at giving immediate refunds, and most goods are available on Amazon UK .
We consult WHICH before buying anything expensive.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I agree that reviews are not always helpful, like the reviews on a Hotel I was thinking of staying at; The reviewer dropped a star because the TV standby light was green instead of red.
I hate this saying but it is what that's made for IMO . First world problems !
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
We consult WHICH before buying anything expensive.
I do the same but at the library!
I research into every expensive item l buy!
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I do the same but at the library!
I research into every expensive item l buy!

Very wise Artangel

shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2017, 03:53 PM

Must admit, often smile to myself when watching these "celebs" advertising goods on adverts such as shampoo etc. What do the advertisers do? write to every celeb asking if they actually use their product? oh, that's good, can we use you to advertise the fact in our new advert for the product? yeh, right!

I don't even bother looking for reviews of products. I use what I like. and no phoney advertising would persuade me to do otherwise.
I worked for a large advertising agency in London for several years when I was younger, and still remember many of the tricks used in the ads.Iit opened my eyes!! One I particularly remember was the Flash advert where you saw a woman merrily mopping a shiny black and white squared kitchen floor. It was gleaming, well it would, as the floor had been laid with a glossy perspex covering to make it look fabulous.

Hey Ho!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top