Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2017, 10:20 PM

working on my photography (Video)

Not been around much recently as i have been concentrating on photography, Mainly wind noise reduction.

Got as far as this, first half reduced wind noise and second half without wind protection.

So getting there.

Also been spending a bit of money on a new tripod for a motorised pan and tilt tripod head

I didn't have a clue about the different types until I started swatting up on them

What I was looking for was one I could take out in the field and not have to worry about battery power, first problem.
Next was finding one that wasn't charged up via a USB port. then other concerns abounded- motor turning strength- supporting weight- variable angles to remotely adjust - one that wasn't controlled by WiFi via an Ipad or the like.
So the choice got very limited. It had to support up to 6/7lb camera weight but not too heavy or large, it had to have plenty of power via battery or mains and didn't look like it had just come out of a Christmas cracker

Eventually I found this one in the link below , best for landscape work as although it has fast and slow pan speed the slow really in truth is not slow enough. To combat this in my video editing suite I can stretch the time frame a bit which slows the speed down.

As I only got it late this afternoon I have only had time to give it a quick tryout with my camcorder. As soon as the weather improves I shall try with my Nikon DSLR camera as I can set different frame rates against shutter speed etc.
I didn't know but apart from having a 6ft control button lead the company has included a 20ft one as well ,so that should be fun trying out. It will also work by itself panning to different degrees before repeating again going the other way

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2017, 10:08 PM

Re: working on my photography (Video)

Ok I have been playing around with different FPS and at the moment the distance working at seems that 60fps is working out the best to stop side judder. Editing and slowing the video by 20% still keeps smooth panning. This of course using that auto motor gismo
Mister_Oy
NW UK
Mister_Oy is male  Mister_Oy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2017, 10:20 PM

When shooting in the UK the standard is either 25fps or 50fps - to be in tune with the mains power supply and avoid flicker when shooting in artificial light. Less important outdoors but it's good to use the industry standard as sooner later you'll use mixed lighting clips and they need to be consistent.

Also - your shutter speed should be a multiple of your frame rate. 1/50 or 1/100 is the norm depending on lighting conditions.

Seeing as both aperture and shutter speed will be fixed - use ISO to balance the exposure based on the histogram.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

07-06-2017, 10:30 PM

my problem is the motorised turntable turns a bit too fast for using closeup video work. So I am trying to compensate for it at the moment. No problem using hand held with camcorder or DSLR but the latter is a bit heavy. No problems using my tripod with the fluid head. Thanks for reminding me about flicker rates .
Will have to get out and try in the countryside with it

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top