Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2010, 08:08 AM

Freezing Friday

Good morning everyone

Oh what a beautiful morning, well it is where my sister lives,
New Zealand.

Here, it is cold, dark and a stay by the fireside sort of day. I dont think we will venture far today, maybe to a local pub for a meal at lunchtime.

Have a great Friday everyone and remember, if you dont love yourself then dont expect someone else to do it for you.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2010, 10:36 AM

Re: Freezing Friday

Good Morning AB and Everyone and hope you all have a good day today.

Another very cold morning but no snow fall yet but ground is treacherous to walk on!

Council never came last week to empty our main rubbish wheelie bins and they are all lying overflowing outside, now they tell us that they won't be here to empty them until next week - just our recycled bins to be emptied this week!! Yet they can send up one small lorry with 4 men in it to empty the two public bins!! I wonder why I pay my council tax!! That's our brilliant (not) Scottish National Party run council and government for you! Think I'll emigrate to England, Wales or NI!! They never even emptied the recycled bins for this building 2 weeks ago and we had to wheel them back in - now we can't get them out because of the black bins being out on the outside path!

Rant over!!

Oh, AB, your pic reminds me of New Zealand and the great holiday I had there! A beautiful country it is, both North and South Islands!! Thanks for cheering me up!

Take care and stay safe
buddi bo
lincs
buddi bo is female  buddi bo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2010, 02:58 PM

Well we have had quite a lot of snow again and temp is -2c .
I have decided its not such fun as i thought it was when i was younger .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2010, 04:48 PM

We had a dusting of snow overnight, just enough not to be a nuisance. I feel sorry for those who are being hit by yet another heavy fall, it must be very sickening for them.

I expect the shops will be packed tomorrow, being the last weekend before Christmas ....... I'm glad all my shopping is done and it's just the fresh food next week.
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

17-12-2010, 04:56 PM

Afternoon all.................we've been promised some snow but its not here yet.......................not that I'm complaining.

Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2010, 05:18 PM

Omg we have about 10 inches of snow! will try to get some pics later

Hope you're all taking it easy in this weather!!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2010, 05:40 PM

We got 1.5" of snow yesterday; streets have been plowed, buses running, and my lovely neighbor shovelled my walk. Still below freezing, but it is supposed to be sunny later in the day and thawing a bit. I do dislike Winter! Presently minus 1 (30 F), no winds. A stay-indoors day, methinks.

Azz, 10", how horrible! Are you coping?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2010, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Omg we have about 10 inches of snow! will try to get some pics later

Hope you're all taking it easy in this weather!!
that's a lot, Azz!

You'll have to get a harness for Rocky then he could pull you around on a sleigh!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2010, 08:03 PM

Here's a pic - snow is about 3 and a half bricks high!

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

17-12-2010, 08:28 PM

Wow! you certainly have had a big fall, Azz!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top