Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2010, 11:57 PM

How long is a good life?

I see that Cilla Black says 75years old will do her. I wonder if she will say that when she is 75?

What do you think is a long life?

Stuart Hall says go out and enjoy your life, he drinks Claret every day and smokes 20 fags a day, he lives as he wants to and does not think that being careful about his health, diets, pills, watch what he eats etc is good for enjoying life.

I say that as long as the airbags inflate and the engine keeps pumping then take whatever life throws at you. What is the sense of being extra careful about your health if it leaves you miserable?

Me, They will have to drag me kicking and screaming from this life I wont want the machine turned off.

Where there is life there is hope.

Your views!!!!! Everyone is entitled to them.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2010, 12:16 AM

Re: How long is a good life?

I agree with you all the way on this one AB. When you get fed up living you'll go quick enough, as long as you are enjoying life, hang on for as long as you can.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2010, 03:23 AM

With you 100% here also! I enjoy my food, drink and smokes, have made it in good health so for and hope to continue at least into my 90s ... I take after my Dad's side of the family and while the men die young the women make 90!
anna
Norway
anna is female  anna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2010, 05:04 AM

A good life has lasted long enough when you are tired of it
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2010, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by anna ->
A good life has lasted long enough when you are tired of it
I know some people say they are but
how can you get tired of living!
Life has so much to offer if you take the trouble to look for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2010, 09:34 AM

I agree with all you have said, AB!

Good one - thank you for sharing another good post!
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2010, 11:41 AM

I listened to a phone in about this and was slightly disturbed by the succession of younger people wanting to put an end to the `misery` of their older relatives.
Luckily it was balanced by a lot of Oldies who pointed out they were alive and kicking and thoroughly enjoying it thankyou.
I`d be interested to hear what Cilla has to say when she`s 76.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2010, 12:45 PM

I can understand the concern of show business people losing their looks with age, but every dog has his day and when its over-its over, accept it with grace and step down. we should make the best of the time we have left and then move on to the next phase, whatever that is, but it can't be bad because I've never heard of anybody coming back to complain about it.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2010, 03:39 PM

I'd like to think I'll live a long life but my family history is a worry - and I'm a worrier anyway!
I do try to keep myself as fit as possible but with no job now the worry is going to take over and I'll lose pounds again like last time. I have a duty to everyone that I love and care about to try to stay around as long as possible without being a burden on anyone.
That's the worry (!!) for me at least. Pain I can take but to be reliant - totally - on others is hard to bear. My Dad gave up on life and went into himself - I could never do that but I'm at an age now where I recognise those "symptoms" amongst people I have met or known in the past - something about the eyes I think. stevmk2
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2010, 04:18 PM

I don't think I would want to drag things on very long, if I was unable to take care of myself and had to be reliant on others for all my needs. AB said how long is a "good" life and that's the question - when does it become "not good". When I no longer get pleasure from the things I love and I no longer can appreciate life and the world in the way I do now - I will want to go and I hope I will realise and be able to put things in order beforehand. I think a lot of older people mentally prepare themselves for the last stage - adjusting over a period of years anyway - maybe I am even doing that now and I don't know it. There are worst things than death and I would not want to exist in a "living hell" of pain and infirmity, with no hope of anything better and people having to look after me. I would not want my children to have to see me like it. I hope I can go quickly then when my time comes - perhaps when I am about 90 - if my luck holds. Oh crikey how serious is that.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top