Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2017, 11:39 AM

What stresses you out?

I get stressed out by music, especially if it is loud. I have no idea why I am averse to music, my father had a good tenor voice and even went on a tour of the US in 1961 with the choir to which he belonged. My sisters also have good voices, as do my daughters. Our eldest girl, plays the trumpet and was asked to play with the Castleton Brass Band when she was doing her theology training.

My dislike of music is just another thing to notch up to add to my weird character traits!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2017, 11:51 AM

Re: What stresses you out?

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I get stressed out by music, especially if it is loud. I have no idea why I am averse to music, my father had a good tenor voice and even went on a tour of the US in 1961 with the choir to which he belonged. My sisters also have good voices, as do my daughters. Our eldest girl, plays the trumpet and was asked to play with the Castleton Brass Band when she was doing her theology training.

My dislike of music is just another thing to notch up to add to my weird character traits!
lol Tara
I kind of agree with you. I can get HORRIBLY stressed out if forced to listen to 'other people's music' especially that ghastly stuff called 'easy listening' or the kind of music that's supposed to be 'restful'.

Radio stations that play music are anathema to me.

BTW ... yes I can sing in tune and have been told that I have a nice voice AND my sense of rhythm is also good.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2017, 11:53 AM

Supermarkets or other stores playing music does my head in! I can't think straight!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2017, 11:56 AM

Must say I am entirely of the opposite opinion in respect of music tarantula.
Being brought up during the Rock N Roll era of Elvis Presley, Little Richard and the rest music is in my DNA. Loud or not!
My stress is usually caused by talking/arguing over politics.
Particularly as there is a General Election on the way to wind me up next Thursday.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2017, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Supermarkets or other stores playing music does my head in! I can't think straight!
I usually go to the supermarket about 7am when the store is quiet, but the music at its loudest. I ask them to turn it down, and they are good enough to oblige.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2017, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I agree with that Artangel.
One reason I shop in Lidl is that they don't play any MUZAC at all!
Plus of course those stores are pretty cheap.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

02-06-2017, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by InfamyInfamy ->
I agree with that Artangel.
One reason I shop in Lidle is that they don't play any MUZAC at all! Plus of course those stores are pretty cheap.
I dislike Lidl, Tesco is my supermarket of choice.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2017, 12:03 PM

Being where there is a mix of voices all at the same time ,the jabber sets my nerves on edge ...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2017, 12:05 PM

Anything loud. Loud music, loud people, loud kids.
I am blessed with very good hearing still, and am very noise sensitive.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

02-06-2017, 12:11 PM

I am getting stressed out at present by having to take my husband to the supermarket with me. Since my fall on Easter Monday, which has damaged my right arm, he insists on dealing with the heavy bags of shopping. Although this is thoughtful of him, having him check my purchases and ask if I really need certain things, as well as reading the food labels and pointing out how much salt, sugar etc is in each, is driving me completely crazy!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top