Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2010, 07:54 AM

Treasurable Wednesday

Good morning everyone

I trust you are awake and raring to go.

There is a whole wide world out there just waiting for you to have a look at it and Mother Nature has supplied some wonderful views.

Life is for living and we are going to live it up today. We are going to search for treasure.

Yes we are going on a treasure hunt which the local school ( the one our kids went to )has arranged as part of their christmas fund raising and with which they hope to raise £500, I have roped in a few of the neighbours to help us.

There are some people in your life who are just waiting to hear from you so why not go and see them or at least phone them to tell them how special they are to you.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2010, 09:52 AM

Re: Treasurable Wednesday

Good Morning AB and Everyone and hope you all enjoyyour day - hope you find the treasure, AB

Jack Frost has been busy again during the night and it is so brrrrrrrrr cold! Weather warning of rain and icy winds turning the rain to ice and then more snow for up here!

I'm singing the song M & W used to sing - bring me sunshine (and lots of it)

Take care all and stay safe.
Misstiffeye
Oxford UK
Misstiffeye is female 

15-12-2010, 11:24 AM

Good morning Antibrown, Brandykins and everyone.

Wise words Antibrown and I hope the treasure hunt is a huge sucess.

Keep singing please Brandikins. I think we could do with some M+W Christmas specials these days.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2010, 01:39 PM

Hello everyone!

Making the most of a sunny day before the wintry weather returns tomorrow. There were still a few leaves to clear up in the garden - where they came from, goodness knows, as all the trees around have been completely bare for weeks.

Good luck with the Treasure Hunt, AB - I hope the school reaches its target..

I also loved M & W and now you have got me singing "Bring me Sunshine" as well, BK!!!

Enjoy your day folks!
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2010, 02:04 PM

The area had terrible storms yesterday that included an F2 tornado. These are very very rare in the Pacific Northwest so the news coverage on every tv channel was neverending. Ten homes were destroyed but there wasn't a single serious injury. There was plenty of video proof that it was a tornado becasuse so many folks have video cameras in their phones. The tornado stayed on the ground for 5 miles.

Have a great day all and stay safe.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2010, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
The area had terrible storms yesterday that included an F2 tornado. These are very very rare in the Pacific Northwest so the news coverage on every tv channel was neverending. Ten homes were destroyed but there wasn't a single serious injury. There was plenty of video proof that it was a tornado becasuse so many folks have video cameras in their phones. The tornado stayed on the ground for 5 miles.

Have a great day all and stay safe.
That sounds frightening Bob, I'm glad there were no serious injuries.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2010, 03:48 PM

In a way it was ludicrous to me, being from the Midwest in part of any area known as "Tornado Alley". Oregon had only seen one F2 tornado ever and that was back in the early 70s so this was big news. I'm glad nobody got hurt but the tv networks pre-empted my Oprah show. LOL
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2010, 05:36 PM

Hi, al. Bitter cold hanging tough, minus 6 (22 F), wind chill minus 13!! But at least it's sunny, and we may make freezing tomorrow!! This is typical mid-January weather for us here. I couldn't face going to the market in this, so ordered grocery delivery for today; I'm very picky about selecting my own fruit and vegetables, but will settle for whatever comes rather than venture out; I feel the cold more as I get older. Hope all are well staying warm and having a nice day!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2010, 05:59 PM

A great time was had by all at the treasure hunt. Although we did not win or come second or even third the day got everyone into a christmas spirit mood. No summer songs just christmas ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A8KT365wlA

They reckon that the tartget was passed and then some, good for the school who will now spend it on 'kids away days' which save their parents money.

Mags I love the verses for christmas. Bob it sound rather dangerous over there, stay safe indoors. DM, only venture out when safe to do so and only if there is no alternative.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2010, 11:00 PM

AB - glad you enjoyed your Treasure Hunt -
Bob - That sounds dreadful-pleased no one was seriously injured
Brandykins - Loved the M & W Christmas specials-always watched them
Mags - Those 10 days are going to pass quickly
Dandysmom - If you need to go out at any point, take care, -13 is bloomin cold

Walking, few jobs, then off to supermarket for few bits and pieces.....was very surprised how quiet it was - probably all be there at weekend!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top